I use different ways of tutoring to suit my tutee's learning styles and prepare thoroughly. I believe that encouragement is key and am very supportive. I feel that all students can achieve with the right guidance, appoach and attitude. I do not give up easily and and willing to always give the best of my ability to the job in hand.
I have been tutoring since 2013 and have taught tutees from primary school to sixth formers. I have had experience with a range of exams and boards at GCSE/ A level but have taught younger students at KS2 and KS3. I teach Science (up to A2 level for Biology, GCSE for Chemistry and Physics), Geography (up to A2) and Maths (up to GCSE).
I am a conscientious and empathetic graduate with excellent communication and team working skills. I approach all situations professionally and respectfully.
Education and professional work background
2016 Training completed for Level 3 and 4 teaching assisting. Also successfully completed a diploma for ‘Understanding Dyslexia’ which taught how to facilitate learning for all students in a classroom environment.
2013- current Individual and group academic tutoring services provided from children to 6th Formers in a range of subjects including Biology, Maths, English and Geography.
• This has given me an opportunity to teach and to utilise communication, time-keeping and organisation skills.
February 2017 Full time self-employed associate general dental practitioner at Swadlincote Dental Practice and Pearl Dental Alvaston.
March 2016 Foundation Trainee Dentist at Jordan Dental Mansfield and Dental Core Trainee at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
• Successfully completed my foundation training year where I had opportunity to develop clinical, communication and management skills (Performer number: 511463). I also promoted and participated in an ‘Oral Cancer Action Month’ activity where I had the opportunity to screen lesions, educate patients in how to reduce risk of oral cancer occurring and provide appropriate preventative advice e.g. smoking cessation
• Completed an audit relating to updating medical histories and patient cancellations.
• Skills developed in oral surgery and IV sedation on clinics and theatre.
May 2014 Passed numeracy and literacy skills tests for teaching entry.
September 2013- Began participating in ‘continuing professional development’ (CPD) activities including a revision course relating to the MFDS exam (Glasgow).
July 2013 Qualified and became fully registered with General Dental Council. (GDC number: 244313)
2008-2013 University of Birmingham
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (July 2013)
November 2012 Conscious sedation course
• I learnt about dealing with, empathising and treating nervous patients
1997-2008 Derby High School
4 A levels: Biology(A) Chemistry (A) Geography (A) General Studies (A)
1 A/S level: Mathematics (A)
10 GCSEs: Grade A* (including Maths and English). Achieved a ‘Top 5’ mark in the country for Biology (AQA)
Professional Work Experience
September 2013 –
June 2014 Honorary contract with Birmingham Dental Hospital as a ‘clinical assistant’
• I observed and worked on a variety of departments including periodontology, paediatrics and oral medicine. This experience allowed me to work closely with different members of the dental team and to learn from consultants treating patients with more complex needs.
June 2013 School visits to talk about oral hygiene at local schools (Wychall Primary School- Year 6 and Arden Primary School- Year 3)
• As part of a team who conducted these visits, I developed my organisational and public speaking proficiencies. I also utilised my ability to communicate through teaching.
Oct- Nov 2012 Paediatric dental placement, Pendeford Dental Clinic, Pendeford.
• I enhanced my ability to work with children including communicating with patients who often were initially anxious.
June-July 2012 Adult dental placement, Sparkbrook Dental Centre, Birmingham.
• I developed my leadership, team-working and organisational abilities.
December 2009 ‘Lufton College’ exchange (Yeovil, Somerset) to aid understanding in adult learning disability relating to the dental environment.
Miscellaneous work experience
2014 School experience at John Flamsteed Secondary School and Derby Moor Community Sports College.
2013 Creative Helper, Inspirative Arts
• Involvement in activities which aim to encourage those with learning disabilities through music and drama. This enhanced my leadership and team working abilities.
• Languages English, Conversational Cantonese Chinese, Basic German
• IT skills Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
• Full, clean UK driving licence
Sport I enjoy dance, principally focussing on ballet. Consequently, I have taken part in productions both onstage and backstage.
I also enjoy going to the gym where I train for charity races; most recently for completing a half marathon for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Music I have taken graded exams in piano, oboe and singing. With this skills-set I have been able to participate in choirs and orchestras.
REFERENCES- Available upon request
physics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|