Lessons will be available from a novice to professional level.
Lessons will take place after an assessment of skill level, and will be led according to areas that require development.
Asian-caucasian, educated and raised internationally, and currently based in London. Working as a designer and illustrator with 5+ years experience within the design and illustration industry.
I speak three languages fluently (native): English, German, and Indonesian
I offer lessons in the following oil painting and digital/traditional drafting techniques:
- Wacom usage
- colour blocking
- effect and depth rendering
- colour editing
- etc. please enquire for specifics
- direct, opaque painting
- structured painting
- Semi-transparent painting technique
- transparent, layered paint
- Painting materials
- Primers for oil painting
- Sketching & drafting
- Tips and Tricks
- Varnishes, final varnishes, intermediate varnishes and some
- Technical tips
- Brush cleansing & care - techniques and tips
- Correct & Repaint
- Colour theory
I work with digital illustration, oil, graphite, pastel, conté, charcoal, and ink. I have been working as a conceptual artist and illustrator for several years, specialising in portraiture, figurative realism, abstract realism, and abstractionism.
24 hrs notice
Should the lesson be cancelled within a 24hr period prior to the lesson a charge of 5£ will be incurred.
EDUCATION (qualifications & degrees)
- B.A Illustration & Visual Media
Visual and print design, global identification, game design, multi-media illustration and concept design
University of the Arts London
- Media & IT
Technical University of Dresden
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Commission based; self-management of workload, business and customer service. Predominant focus on the development of time management skills and flexibility towards accommodating changes, adaptations, and meeting deadlines.
- Digital and traditional concept-, editorial-, and print- work
- Oil painting
- Technical drawings
- Projects: Ikazaya Hannah 2017
- poster illustration & design
- house of design
- poster illustration
- editorial illustration
- Translation of documents, ads and articles from English to German and vice versa.
- Tuition of primary school students and adult groups in English and German.
Primary students: school work supervision & support in subjects: literature, maths, history, sciences, and English
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 3Ds Max, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Unix and Windows based OS,
English (fluent verbal/written)
German (fluent verbal/written)
Indonesian (fluent verbal)
French (basic verbal/written)
Analytical, communicative, social, organized, intrinsically motivated, adaptable, focused, culturally sensitive, open-minded, honest.
Location London, UK
Tel. +(concealed information)82
E-mail (concealed information)
Sophiya is a hardworking and reliable artist. You can see she is passionate about art as her strong work ethic keeps her engaged in this field. She's very attentive to small detail and good with communication to provide any upfront concerns and feedback.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|