I teach students of all ages (6 years old to over 60's) with all ranges of experience. I currently teach on the post-graduate courses at a drama school as well. My approach to acting and teaching is very holistic, involving the use and awareness of the body as a tool to lift text and character from the page and into being. I use various methods rooted in Stanislavski, Somatic Movement, as well as meditation and archetype.
I am an American actress and acting coach here in London with experience teaching in the classroom, as a behavior and drama therapist, and acting tutor around the world. I have been an actor on stage, camera, and voice over for years as well as a professional acting and public speaking coach. My students gain confidence, an increased ability to analyze text, and a holistic physical approach to building character.
MFA Acting (International) with Distinction
East15 Acting School, 2015-2017
BFA Theatre Performance (with Honours)
Chapman University, USA, 2006-2010
Relevant Work Experience
East15 Acting School, Loughton Campus, UK
Acting Tutor and Workshop Facilitator, 2018-present
- Acting tutor and coach for first year international post-graduate students (naturalism, believability, and stage presence)
-Creation and delivery of personal branding and marketing workshops to MFA international course
- Workshops include (but are not limited to) a personalized typing model for each student, agency information and basic how to's, how to build a brand based on your current and past types/roles, identifying type, researching markets and agencies, web design and online presence coaching and strategy.
- All workshops are inclusive of international markets represented by participants
- Classic Text (Shakespeare and Chekhov) root character type is discussed for all students to have an archetype to base brand off for the future/foundation for a changing type as they grow into their careers.
Shakespeare's Globe, London, UK
Visitor Welcome Manager, May-October 2019
first aid response, performance clearance, security communication, box office troubleshooting, customer relations, access guests comfort and wellbeing.
- Line management
- Remaining calm under pressures, multitasking, and quick problem solving while shows are on in front of large numbers of the public.
- Building strong relationships and connections with patrons, staff, visitors, and access guests within quick interactions and short bursts of time often in conflict while maintaining Globe standards of experience and practice.
Off Square Theatre Company, Jackson, WY, USA
Freelance Production Assistant, Nov 2017-March 2018
- Office Management and Fundraising (including but not limited to; emails, phone calls, event prep/management, scheduling, parent liaisons, facilities and catering, data collection).
- Satellite video editing/grant proposal help/ scheduling and audition help/ varying advise and consultation
- Freelance large-scale event planning (gala fundraising)
- Associate producer for youth musicals and Shakespeare audition administration/pre-casting organization
- Web Design and Marketing (rebrand and online presence)
- Create curriculum and execute education of high level workshops for senior actors (over 65’s) in Shakespeare analysis and audition technique/preparation workshops.
Denver Academy of Dramatic Arts at Visionbox Studio, Denver, CO, USA
Associate Artistic Director, Aug 2013-August 2015
- Personal Assistant and Project Manager in one.
- Manage all administrative and office tasks of a 501C3 non-profit acting studio and production house including but not limited to; spreadsheets, budgeting, phone calls, emails, venue hire, lesson planning, meeting and minutes collection, web design, fundraising, cards and post, teaching, community outreach, travel and communications, diary management, education planning and teaching, taxes, etc.
- Web design and management (rebrand and online presence, new site build and upkeep).
- Lead teacher for High School and College aged students based in classic- contemporary theatre technique and analysis, and audition prep/coaching.
Denver School of Science and Technology Cole Campus, Denver, CO, USA
Lead Drama Teacher, Aug 2013-July 2014
- Built and executed new curriculum for middle school (aged 11-15) students in lower income and at-risk district for drama and theatre education.
- Education and Classroom Standards developed from scratch are now part of state-wide curriculum and teaching standards.
- Taught all day, every day classes of 25-30 students Theatre History, Acting Technique, Confidence Building, Interpersonal, and Leadership skills.
- Held first talent show in 10 years for the school based on arts funding and grant money acquired during school year.
- First teacher to take students to Shakespeare Festival in 10 years with students placing in all categories despite lack of funding and previous district support.
Autism Awareness and Care Centre, Accra, Ghana
- Used basic sign language and drama games to facilitate communication between non-verbal autistic students aged and their carers at a day-time facility
- Coordinated and ran workshops with surrounding community about ‘Theatre of the Oppressed’ and how oral storytelling and tradition can aid in the communication and understanding of non-verbal students/children.
SOAR at Oakland Elementary School, Denver, CO, USA Behaviour Interventionist, Sept 2012-June 2013
- Implemented drama therapy techniques and role-playing strategies to reintroduce violent and aggressive children back into the classroom after physical altercations with children/faculty
- Worked closely with school deans and psychologists to bolster communication with challenged students and parents to increase classroom time and structure at home.
- Regular/daily 1:1 sessions and care with a selective few severely troubled students who could not integrate back into a regular classroom environment
- First responder for resolving physical altercations between students, both with and without weapons.
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest drama school entrance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, playwriting lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|