I've taught everyone from toddlers to pensioners, uni students to chief execs, the very confident to the very shy. I have a 100% success rate getting students into drama school, and I've helped a lot of people find their voice.
You can only speak something well if you believe in what you're saying, and you believe in yourself. So my two-pronged approach focuses on just that. Together we'll find words you love, words that stimulate you and make you smile; then we'll work on the inner game of speaking, of trusting yourself, and trusting your voice to ring out loud and clear!
My name is Jack Holden. I'm an actor, writer, producer and director from London. I've acted all across the country in theatres like the RSC, the National, Theatre Royal Bath, Leicester Curve and the Almeida. I've been in TV comedy for BBC, drama for Channel 4, and films for Lionsgate and BBC. My production company, Watersmeet Productions, develops and shoots films. I'm a writer under commission to a major UK theatre company. And, alongside all of this, I love to teach!
If you wish to have the lesson at your house, please ensure there is enough space for two people to move about and lie down on the floor (for breathing exercises), and please make sure you can make a lot of noise without the neighbours complaining!
48 hours notice must be given for cancellation of a lesson.
- 3 year professional acting BA from BRISTOL OLD VIC THEATRE SCHOOL (2008-2011)
- Regular tutor for the MONOBOX, the one stop shop for drama and acting skills workshops (2015-present)
- Workshops in Universities, Schools, Drama Clubs and businesses across the UK (2013-present)
- Regular tutor for TROUPERS, school workshops provider (2011-2013)
- Private tuition in speech, drama and confidence (2013-present)
- War Horse, National Theatre in the West End, 2012
- Oppenheimer and The Shoemakers Holiday, RSC & West End, 2014
- She Stoops to Conquer, Theatre Royal Bath, 2015
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, RSC, 2016
- What the Butler Saw, Leicester Curve, 2017
- INK, Almeida & West End, 2017
- The Madness of George III, Nottingham Playhouse, 2018
- The Levelling, BBC Films, 2016
- Journey's End, Lionsgate Films, 2017
- Carnage, BBC, 2017
- Jerusalem, Channel 4, 2019
- Blood out of a Stone, Watersmeet Productions, 2018 - 6 international film festivals
- The HandleBards, Summer Tour 2018 - the world's only cycling Shakespeare company!
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest improvisational theatre lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, drama school entrance lessons for all!
Taking lamda exams preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|