My method of teaching is first figuring out how the pupil studies and what works for them and what does not. Moreover, I would make note of their syllabuses and exam boards to make sure all the lessons and tailored to them. In terms of learning the material, I create analogies to help understand the material e.g. photosynthesis in biology. Another key aspect of tutoring is going through exam papers with the students and making sure their exam technique is excellent.
I am a qualified doctor who graduated from St George's University Hospital in London. I have tutored many students in the last year in both GCSE and A level. I started tutoring whilst I was doing my A levels and I thoroughly enjoyed it and thus kept teaching. I tutored students in various subjects such as Biology, Maths and History. For example, one of my students went from a Grade D to a Grade A after my lessons. Furthermore, I have experience in tutoring various ages from age 8-18.
GCSE - £25/hr
A level - £30/hr
Dr Maya Vio - Curriculum Vitae
• Qualified doctor seeking tutoring employment
• Excellent in administration work, including filing (electronic and hardcopy), proof reading, customer services, database/CRM management and phone services.
• Competent in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and online social media platforms
• Great teamwork and communication skills, great at working with kids.
- Worked in Streatham Hill GP working in admin (May-August 2018)
- Shirts and Ties Venice (November 2015-July 2016). Worked as a sales assistant for Shirts and Ties Venice in central London. I also carried out some admin work which included stock taking and organising stock.
- Sensations (August 2016)
Worked in a desert restaurant which involved making the deserts and serving customers.
- Business in the Community (1 month – August 2014) Worked in Admin over the summer. I organised their databases.
- Tagore Centre UK, London
(ongoing since 2011) Volunteer for The Tagore Centre UK; a registered charity promoting the work and life of Nobel Prize winning Indian artist Rabindranath Tagore. Tasks included filing, general administration of members’ database and assistance and preparation work for centre events.
- Royal Free Hospital,London (Sept 2012 and Aug 2013) Worked in Rheumatology Dept. helping with the day to day running of the department and clinic. Gaining valuable experience observing various experiments and procedures e.g. extracting blood from DNA.
- Oxfam, SouthgateLondon(6 Months 2015)- Volunteering work, including roles in sales assistance, customer services and stock management. This was also an opportunity to interact with a variety of people from the local community.
- Child Care (2013-2015)
Worked in childcare by regularly dropping children from primary school to their homes and taking the responsibility of looking after them until their parents came home from work. This also included tutoring them. Furthermore, in the academic year of 2014-2015, I regularly undertook a coaching role in an after school club for Years 7-9 Girls football
Current member of The Tottenham Hotspur’s Ladies first team who play in the Women’s Super League 2.Have been a member since 2006 with huge success last season (2016/17) in being promoted to the Women’s Super League and winning the Women’s Premier League Cup. This season (2017/18) we were successful in competing and against the best teams in the country in the Women’s Super League. I have also contributed to various sports teams at school such as football and netball.
Ashmole Academy (School and Sixth Form College): 2008 – 2015
St George’s University of London: ongoing since 2015
Degree: Medicine MBBS5
Subject Grades at AS level Overall A Level Grade
Biology A A*
Chemistry A A
Maths A A
P.E. A (only AS level) n/a
Subject Grade Subject Grade
English Literature A P.E A*
English Language A History A*
Maths A* Business A
Biology A* French A*
Chemistry A* Religious Studies A*
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
Completed EPQ on the question:
‘To what extent do sports-related head injuries contribute to the development of dementia?’
Grade expected in August 2015.
• Jack Petchey Award (2013) for tutoring fellow students struggling with examinations.
• Football Achievement: Runner up in Year 7 National School Football Tournament.
• Football Achievement: Reaching 5th round of 2015 Women’s FA Cup with Tottenham Hotspur’s Ladies first team.
• Football Achievement: Winning the Women’s Premier League and being promoted to the Women’s Super League for the 2017/18 season.
• Football Achievement: Winning the 2016 Women’s FA Premier League Cup with Tottenham Hotspur’s Ladies first team.
• Bronze DOFE for effectiveness in enhancing and improving teamwork skills.
• Football Achievement: Player’s Player award between 2011- 2013.
• Prize giving for Year 9 for P.E.
• Prize giving for Year 10 for Form and Chemistry.
Mr El Sayed, Teacher, Ashmole Academy
Mrs Gigi Misra, Producer at Digital Services, College of Policing
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|