Children learn best when they are taught knowledge and skills just above what they
already know, in a way, which matches their preferred learning style. Thus I modify the
content and difficulty of experiences, and also the teaching techniques depending on the child. To match learning to children I engage continuous observation and assessment. I believe that for learning to be effective it needs to be meaningful and engaging, thus I try and integrate the children's interests into lessons.
I have a bachelor of Education (birth to 12 years) and graduated with first class honours. I have experience teaching english as a foreign language as taught English in Colombia across different settings and ages. Additionally I have also tutored both high school and primary school students English as a foreign language. Moreover I have general teaching experience, and have taught in Australia and England across different ages. I am experienced at planning lessons and assessing students progress.
Bachelor of Education (Early childhood, Birth – twelve) at Macquarie University ( (2011 –2014)
• GPA Distinction (transcript attached)
• Nominated for Early Childhood Leadership scholarship
Partial Bachelor of Design at College of Fine Arts, University of NSW (2009-2010)
• GPA Distinction
• Deans award
Secondary: Masada College (Graduated 2007)
• 92.65 (percentile ranking)
• Design and Technology prize
• Museum of Modern Art: Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art Online course offered through Coursera. (September 2014) Distinction
• Various art courses (life drawing, botanical drawing, abstract painting, jewellery design
• PPA cover in Underhill school and children and children's centre. Role included teaching reception and year one and doing literacy intervention.
• Teaching English as a foreign language in a high school in Ibague, ColombiaTeaching in as a supply teacher London, UK April 2017 -December 2017
• Teaching as a supply teacher in primary schools in NSW, Australia (February - April 2016)
• Teaching English as a foreign language in a primary school in El Carmen, Colombia (August – December 2015)
• Teaching English as a foreign language in community centre in El Carmen, Colombia (August – December 2015)
• Teaching English as a foreign language in a high school in Ibague, Colombia (June to July 2015)
• Tutoring English as a second language (January 2014 - May 2014)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|