Practical lessons are the best way for young children to learn, using concrete objects and resources to support their learning. This could even be done outside if the weather is nice, using natural things like sticks, leaves or even mud!! I just aim to teach children to love learning and to be resilient when it comes to challenging concepts.
I've worked in Chestfield, Mansfield and Derby, in year groups Reception to Year 4 but have a passion for early years. I'm used to teaching a class of 30, my last class was 32! But I finished the year with my bubble group of 6 children. I'm experienced in the early years curriculum and I'm here to particularly support children either moving into Reception or into Year 1 and helping them catch up on the education they missed during the covid lockdown. This could be subjects like maths, literacy, communication and language or personal social and emotional skills.
You have up to 24 hours to cancel without charge.
Ashbourne Dove Valley Teaching School Alliance: Awarded QTS 3 – 7 years
(04/09/2017 – 27/07/2018)
University of Derby: First Class BEd in Education Studies
(01/09/2014 – 21/07/2017)
Caroline Chisholm Sixth Form: A-Levels in Psychology (B) and Art and Design. Cambridge Technical Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Distinction*)
(03/09/2012 – 18/07/2012)
Caroline Chisholm Secondary School: GCSE Grades B-C in Psychology, Art + Design, Spanish, ICT, Maths, Double Science and English
(03/09/2007 – 20/07/2012)
Derbyshire County Council: Model Village Primary School – Reception Teacher
(02/09/2019 – 21/07/2020)
Brief Description of Duties
• Lesson Planning according to school schemes and Early Years Curriculum
• Continuous Provision planning (indoor and outdoor)
• Working as part of a school team, closely with the SENCO and local authorities
• Leading a small team of 5 teaching assistants and a student teacher
• Build relationship with parents – get them involved with their child’s education
• Run interventions to meet a variety of needs e.g. speech and language therapy, gifted and talented, Lego therapy, personal social and emotional development.
• Support Pupil Premium, English as an Additional Language and Special Educational Needs children and evidence this
• Record keep and track progress using formative and summative assessments
• Observe children and update learning journeys accordingly (paper and electronic)
• Follow the school’s policies and procedures.
• Participate in the school and EYFS improvement plan.
Derbyshire County Council: Highfield Hall Primary School – Reception Teacher
(03/09/2018 – 22/07/2019)
Brief Description of Duties
Please see above for reception teacher duties.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school coaching lessons for all!
Taking afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|