I am a specialist Math and Science Tutor with 4 years of experience representing London's top educational consultancies. I have always excelled as a student and a tutor and therefore know well how to ensure success.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Further Mathematics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
UNIVERSITY - MSci Theoretical Physics Imperial College London
I am on-track to graduate with 1st Class Honours.
My research interests include Topological Quantum Field Theories and Superstring Theory.
A LEVELS - 11 As
Biology [A], Business Studies [A], Chemistry [A], Economics [A], Further Mathematics [A], Mathematics [A], Physics [A], Psychology [A], Urdu [A], English Language [a], General Studies [a]
I had the "Best 5As at AS-Level".
I was ranked "Top in the Country" for my AS-Level exams.
O LEVELS - 12 As
My favourite subjects included Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
I achieved the "Highest Marks in the World" for O-Level Statistics.
I was awarded the "President's Certificate of Merit" for academic excellence.
- How much do you charge?
Travelling charges depend on distance travelled.
Advance payment of two lessons is required from families that require long-term commitment. For lessons on an ad-hoc basis, payment is made per lesson. I also offer a 5% discount on an advance payment for 10 tutorials.
I offer pupils a free lesson for a referral to another family.
- Where do you teach?
I mainly tutor within a 5 km radius of SW7 (South Kensington).
Most of my students are based in the Central London area. The main locations include Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Westminster, Earl's Court, Park Lane, St John's Wood, Hammersmith and Fulham.
I am happy to teach both at my residence as well as the student's chosen location provided there is convenient access via public transport. I travel to the following in the Greater London area:
WC1 Bloomsbury-Holborn, WC2 Strand-Soho-Piccadilly-Westminster
EC1 Old Street-Clarkenwell-Barbican-Finsbury, EC2 Moorgate-London Wall, EC3 Mansion House-Cheapside-St Pauls, EC4 Fleet Street- Ludgate
SW1 Victoria, SW2 Brixton, SW3 Chelsea, SW4 Clapham North- South- Common, SW7 Kensington, SW8 Battersea, SW9 Brixton-Vauxhall, SW11 Clapham
NW1 Regents Park, NW3 Kilburn-Hampstead-St. John's Wood
N1 Islinton, N7 Highbury-Hollow way, N5 Cannonbury
E1 White Chapel, E2 Bethnal Green, E3 Bow, E8 Shoreditch, E9 Victoria park, E14 West India Quay-Poplar-Canary Wharf
SE1 Southwark-Bermonsey, SE17 Walworth, SE11 Lambeth-Kennington, SE5 Camberwell-Stockwell, SE22 Dulwich-east, Dulwich, SE15 Newcross Gate-Nunhead, SE16 Southwark Park-Rotherhithe
The following postcodes are within a 5 km radius of SW7:
N1, NW1, NW1W, NW8, SE11, SW1, SW10, SW11, SW1A, SW1E, SW1H, SW1P, SW1V, SW1W, SW1X, SW1Y, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6, SW7, SW8, SW9, W1, W11, W12, W14, W1A, W1B, W1C, W1D, W1F, W1G, W1H, W1J, W1K, W1M, W1S, W1T, W1U, W1W, W2, W6, W8, W9, WC1, WC1A, WC1B, WC1E, WC1H, WC1N, WC1V, WC2, WC2A, WC2B, WC2E, WC2H, WC2N, WC2R.
- When are you available?
I am available most days. However, I am especially busy between September and May, so please do inquire about my availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach pupils of all ages preparing for the qualifications listed below.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for the following Examinations and Qualifications:
- IB/A Level/Pre-U
- SATs (US)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I tutor using an online whiteboard application called Dabbleboard along with Skype. This makes the lessons very interactive and the wide range of available tools makes the lessons very enjoyable particularly for younger pupils who learn a lot simply by playing with the various tools. The â€œcoolnessâ€ of it all often amazes many pupils. One of my pupils even convinced his father to teach him programming just so that he could design cool apps like this one!
I have tutored several students online, particularly those applying for places at schools in London. I have taught students in the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, China, the Middle East and India. I also tutored a few students in more remote parts of the UK who could not conveniently commute to London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am constantly developing as a tutor. Each pupil poses a unique challenge. The vast variety of personalities and learning styles that I come across during my work as a tutor makes the job really interesting. I excel at what I do because I invest the necessary time and effort to ensure that I am at the top of my game. I consider it a personal responsibility to ensure my students' success. Therefore, I constantly research better teaching methods to improve my lessons. I often read articles that evaluate effective learning methods. I want each of my lessons to be an event. I constantly strive to ensure that my lessons aren't simply a transfer of information but a theatrical display of the most fascinating knowledge which will forever inspire my students!
I believe that teaching is most effective when it takes the form of a discussion where ideas are shared and enquiries addressed.
My aim always is to instil a conceptual understanding in all my students. Asking questions is the most important part of the learning process in my opinion. Learning should be a two-way exchange of ideas and I ensure that this is always the case during my lessons.
I tailor my teaching methods to each individual's needs. My goal always is to present the concepts in the most simplified form while maintaining the interesting details.
I understand that process of examinations is difficult and unnerving. Often students perform badly not because of a lack in ability, but due to a lack of confidence. I ensure that my students have full confidence in themselves and their ability. It is often easiest if students learn to enjoy their academics and the process of acquiring such fascinating knowledge and I am always there to make it happen. My aim is not just to prepare my students for exams, but to make them appreciate the richness of the subject and enjoy the subject content so that they approach it with enthusiasm and take with them not just fantastic grades but a greater sense of intellectual fulfilment.
Saad is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 4 years of tutoring experience. I have tutored several students independently and through several of London's top tutoring agencies.
During this period I have managed the provision of tutorials to pupils taking their GCSE and A-Level exams in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology; as well as to students preparing for Common Entrance to various independent schools at 11+ and 13+.
I tutor pupils with all kinds of abilities and requirements. However, most of my students are those who have lost confidence in their ability for various reasons. Some find it hard to keep up with the rest of the class; some just choke during exams while others just can't get it! My approach is always to restore their confidence since that is the most important factor determining exam performance. Confidence is restored through good preparation and acquiring a strong conceptual understanding. My aim is always to demonstrate the concepts in a simplified manner and ensure that my students thoroughly grasp all concepts. Once their concepts are strong and their confidence is restored, it is simply a matter of practice to ensure excellence in their exams.
Recently, I tutored 12 pupils for Common Entrance Examinations at 11+ and 13+, with 7 securing places at their first-choice school. The schools that I prepared pupils for include St. Paul's, Westminster, City of London, Sevenoaks, North London Consortium schools and other independent schools.
Last year, I tutored 14 students for GCSE and A Level exams in January. 6 succeeded in achieving A*s and 3 secured As. For the summer exams, I had 19 students taking GCSE and A Level exams. 8 of them achieved A*s and 5 secured As.
I also tutor for the SAT I General Test and SAT II subject tests including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All my students scored above 720 in their respective test sections.
I am also experienced in helping pupils with learning difficulties including those with ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia and Dyscalculia.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. Please check the attached image.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the Royal College of Science (RCS) due to its association with Imperial College London.
I am a member of the Institute of Physics (IOP) which is an International Organisation promoting Physics education and scholarship all over the world.
I am also registered as a tutor with several of London's top tutoring agencies (details available on request).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Following are synopses about some of my students (feel free to contact me if you require information about other students). The students' last names have been omitted to ensure anonymity:
1. Freddie - Freddie was struggling with A Level Mathematics since his school teachers went too fast and never explained any of the concepts thoroughly. I tutored Freddie for both Pure and Applied modules, with a particular focus on Statistics since he was struggling a lot with it. Our shared interest in soccer and particularly our favourite team Arsenal made Statistics really fun. We'd even analyse teams' and players' performance statistically. Despite having struggled at the start of the year, he managed the second-highest mark during mock exams at school during the year. His mother recently informed me that he got an A, missing out on an A* by just two marks!
â€œThanks to your excellent help Freddie got A in Maths. 2 marks off A*.â€ – Mother of A-Level Mathematics student
2. Amy - Amy was struggling to keep up with the fast paced and extremely well prepared classmates at a top girls' private school in London. She had decided to complete the whole of A Level Mathematics in one year since she'd be taking Further Mathematics in the coming year. I taught her C1, C2 and M1 for exams in January. She secured scores above 90% in all three modules. For her A2, I taught her C3, C4 and S1. I will be teaching Amy Physics this year. Amy's mum informed me just today that she got an A* with scores above 90% in all her modules. Since, she got an A*, she can now apply for a place at Cambridge to read Law!
â€œJust to let you know Amy has her results for her AS levels today and also her Maths A level. She got A* in her Maths A level!! And straight As in her History, Economics and Physics AS levels. We are eternally grateful to you for all the help you gave her – she is so happy with her A* in Maths and over 90% in both C3 and C4 and Stats.
She has decided to apply to Cambridge to read Law. I wonder whether you might be able to help her with Physics this year.â€ – Mother of A-Level Mathematics student
3. Andy – Andy could never understand how chemical reactions worked. He was unable to follow his chemistry lessons at school and had left preparing for the exam a little too late. Having already been placed in the lowest group at school, his teachers had predicted him to do no better than a D! I worked with Andy throughout the second term of year 11. By the time Andy went onto take his exam, he was confident of getting a very high grade since he could not only predict the results of reactions but could also efficiently solve problems on Stoichiometry and Reaction Kinetics. He narrowly missed out on an A and achieved a high B which greatly exceeded his teacher's expectations.
â€œAndy's been doing very well at school recently. His teacher emailed me today to tell me that his work has improved a lot. I must give you credit for this. Thank you very much for all the good work. I really hope the two of you can continue this improvement!â€ – Father of GCSE Chemistry Student
4. Ignacio – Ignacio was in a state of panic when I was first met him. His GCSE Math, Physics and Chemistry exams were less than a month away and he was still struggling with several basic ideas. Given the limited time, my first priority was to help him regain his confidence. Together we worked through the syllabuses for each subject, practising more and more complicated questions as time went by. I tried to simplify each concept as much as possible to make it easier for Ignacio to grasp the core ideas. As his understanding improved, his confidence gradually increased and soon he was approaching the exam questions with a lot more confidence. By the end of our lessons, there was a marked improvement in Ignacio's performance.
5. Max – Max is a bright and extremely energetic boy who was struggling with exam technique during his preparation for the Colet Court entrance exam. He found math too uninteresting compared to LEGO and computer games. When I tutored Max, I realised that the best way to teach him was through playing Math games with him and using comparative techniques. He found these games really interesting and by associating the newly learnt math techniques to his LEGO building skills, Max has been able to greatly improve his concentration and exam technique. He now finds math really fun and enjoys solving complicated problems.
Thank you for the email. We have very much appreciated the work you have done with max so far. His math has definitely improved thanks to you! We would very much like you to continue with max.â€ – Mother of 8+ student
6. Fiona – Fiona was a very shy and quiet girl who was finding it very hard to keep up with the rest of her class and was struggling in her school tests. Her parents were particularly concerned since she was also going to take the 13+ exam for which she was under-prepared. Fiona's shown very good progress during the time that she has been with me. Her skills in all academic areas have improved tremendously and her parents are now more confident about her securing a place at a top school.
Fiona found your lesson very helpful. She said she learnt more during the 90 minutes with you than during the whole term at school. Could you please come this Monday and Wednesday? We would love it if Fiona could have two lessons with you every week and more during the term.â€ – Father of 13+ student
• 4 years' experience - Specialist Math and Science Tutor for 11+, 13+, GCSE and A-Level
• MSci Theoretical Physics: 1st Class Honours; A-Levels: 11 As; O-Levels: 12 As
• Enhanced CRB Check - Imperial College London Outreach Programme
• "Highest Marks in the World for O-Level Statistics"; "Top Marks in the Country in AS-Level Examinations"; "Best 5 As at AS-Level"; "President's Certificate of Merit"
Just to let you know Amy has her results for her AS levels today and also her Maths A level. She got A* in her Maths A level!! And straight As in her History, Economics and Physics AS levels. We are eternally grateful to you for all the help you gave her – she is so happy with her A* in Maths and over 90% in both C3 and C4 and Stats.
She has decided to apply to Cambridge to read Law. I wonder whether you might be able to help her with Physics this year?
Thank you again, Saad, for all your help.
Thanks to your excellent help Freddie got A in Maths. 2 marks off A*.
Fiona found your lesson very helpful. She said she learnt more during the 90 minutes with you than during the whole term at school. Could you please come this Monday and Wednesday. We would love it if Fiona could have two lessons with you every week and more during the term.
Thank you for the email. We have very much appreciated the work you have done with max so far. His math has definitely improved thanks to you! We would very much like you to continue with max.
Thanks a lot for helping me with maths and physics. I don't know what I would have done without you. It's so much clearer when you explain it to me. Thanks!
I got A*s in maths and physics and A in chem. I am so happy! mummy and daddy can't believe it! Thanks so much for all your help!
Andy's been doing very well at school recently. His teacher emailed me today to tell me that his work has improved a lot. I must give you credit for this. Thank you very much for all the good work. I really hope the two of you can continue this improvement!
I just wanted to let you know that Zoey got a 100% in her maths test at school! Her teacher was really impressed. Thanks!
Saad Shamsi tutored my son Freddie for approximately 18 months as he prepared for A.Level Maths. He is a very effective tutor and he is able to explain complex problems very clearly. He has a really good grasp of maths. Freddie found him very helpful.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|