- Hourly rate £60
- Response Time 24h
- Number of students 4
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Simon - Central Cambridge - Public Speaking
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
SIMON GFELLER (Accent Reduction - Elocution)
Welcome to my profile! For further questions or to start tuition, send me a message or check out my website: (concealed information)!
Based in Cambridge (U.K), I help corporate clients and members of the student and academic community improve on their clarity and intelligibility in English.
Unlike other teachers who focus on endless theory, I get straight to the point sand help you reduce your accent by:
Evaluating your accent through the creation of your unique "Sound Map"
Packaging your "tricky sounds" into digestible patterns
Addressing those patterns strategically
STUDENT DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!!!!
Also, check out my article on speech coaching for professionals!
I currently work as an accent reduction teacher for an established language school in Cambridge U.K. where I help non-native English speakers improve on elocution, intelligibility and vocal confidence.
I have also taught spoken voice placement, accent reduction, diction and presentation techniques at University du Quebec a Montreal, whilst based in Canada.
I work on improving your vocal projection, vocal reliability and overall confidence for public presentations. Other vocal health issues may also be addressed...Be in touch!
I am also a very active performer singing both in the UK and abroad. Recent soloist engagements include Royal Opera House (Covent Garden), Royal Festival Hall, St-Martin in the Fields, Opera de Montreal, English Touring Opera and others.
I teach voice institutionally as well as privately from my studio at home.
Please see my performing CV under the "experience" section of this Interview for more info.
I truly enjoy teaching and helping my students discover the possibilities their voices have to offer!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
M.PERF (DISTINCTION) - Guildhall Artist Masters (Vocal Performance)- Guildhall School of Music and Drama ( London, UK) - 2012
B.MUS (Classical and baroque singing) - University de Montreal, Canada) - 2010
Franz-Schubert Institut Masterclasses (Poetry and performance of the German Lied) - Baden bei Wien (Austria) - 2009
B.ART (Acting) - Ecole supérieure de Theatre, (Montreal, Canada)- 2006
- How much do you charge?
55 GBP / hour (£45 for students)
- Where do you teach?
- When are you available?
I am a working professional singer but I aim to provide my students with as stable and regular a schedule as possible. I am overall very flexible and able to tailor my hours around my teaching.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am flexible to work with you on achieving whatever goals you may have and possibly discover new aims through our lessons ! Some examples of goals I am prepared to support you with are:
- Upcoming presentations & Public speeches
- School performances
- College auditions
- Solo or choral performances
- Support for GCSE
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring via Skype for accent softening and diction training is available.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am very enthusiastic about my teaching and will commit 100% to your progress and objectives.
I will tailor my lesson planning around your specific needs and will guide you toward whatever goal you seek to achieve with your voice.
All the best as I wish to make your acquaintance in a near future.
- Public Speaking
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
Cosi fan Tutte (Workshop) - Baseless Fabric Theatre - 2017
Tenor Solo - Verdi Requiem - Collegium Laureatum - 2017
Lysander- A Fairy Queen - Iford Arts - 2016
Remendado - Carmen - Perfect Pitch Opera - 2016
Scythian Guard - Iphigenie en Tauride - English Touring Opera - 2016
Ubaldo - Pia de Tolomeo (Donizetti) - English Touring Opera - 2016
St-Brioche - The Merry Widow (Lehar) - Ryedale Festival - Summer 2015
Florestan- Die Schumann Sonate, Stock Theater ZÃ¼rich, Tak Theater Lichtenstein -2015
Antigono - Antigono (CW. GlÃ¼ck), Serse Ensemble London, 2015
• Serenade for Tenor and Horn (B. Britten) - Ahuntsic en Fugues Festival, Canada, 2014
• Recital - Festival Classique des Hautes-Laurentides, Canada, 2014
• Priest & Tamino (Cover) - The Magic Flute (W.A. Mozart), English Touring Opera, 2014
• Slim (Cover) - Paul Bunyan (B. Britten), English Touring Opera, Spring 2014
• Sixth Servant - Capriccio (R. Strauss) - Royal Opera House - Covent Garden (A. Davis) - Concert performance 07/2013
• Andreas/Cochenille/Franz/Pitichinaccio - Tales of Hoffmann (J. Offenbach) - Opera Project - West Green House Opera 08/ 2013
• Monostatos - The Magic Flute (W.A.Mozart) -Opera Project - Tobacco Factory Bristol 10/2013
• Obadiah & Ahab - Elijah (Mendelssohn) - Stowmarket C.S. - 03/2013
• Billy - Mahagonny Songspiel (K. Weill) - London Philharmonic Orchestra (Foyle Future First) Southbank Center, London (UK)
• Pastore II, Pastore III - L'Orfeo (C. Monteverdi) Cover - Silent Opera (London) (01-13)
• Robert Schumann - Die Schumann Sonate - Marianischer Saal (Luzern, CH) (11-12)
• Ringmaster - The Bartered Bride (B. Smetana)- British Youth Opera (09/12)
• Vasek (Cover) - The Bartered Bride (B. Smetana)- British Youth Opera (09/12)
• Ich armer Mensch - J.S.Bach (BWV 55) - Orchestra of the Arts - City Week-end Festival (London)
• Scenes and Arias - Tchaikovsky's "Eugene Onegin" - Regent Hall - London (05/12)
• Harmoniemesse - (J.Haydn) - Exeter, U.K. (03/12)
• Christmas Oratorio - Evan. & Arias (J.S. Bach) - Cheltenham (U.K) (11/11)
• Great Mass in C minor (W.A. Mozart) - West London Sinfonia, U.K (06/11)
• Messiah (G.F. Handel) - East Surrey C.S., U.K. (04/11)
• Messa di Gloria (Puccini), Vesperae (Mozart) -Axminster C.S., U.K. (04/11)
• Messiah (G.F. Handel) - Reading Festival Chorus, U.K. (02/11)
• Recital - Courtauld Gallery, London UK, 2011
• Requiem - (Mozart) / Stewart Hall Singers - 2010
• Les Sept paroles du Christ (Dubois) / C.R.V. 2010
• Gala concert / OpÃ©ra de MontrÃ©al - 2009
• Recital - Hemingford Music Society - 2009
• Second priest / Men in Arm – Die ZauberflÃ¶te (Mozart) / OpÃ©ra de MontrÃ©al -2009
• Prince Paul - La Grande Duchesse de GÃ©rolstein (J.Offenbach) / OBQ-2008
• Messe de Minuit - (M.A. Charpentier)/ Projet Choral 2008
Elly Ameling, Helmut Deutsch, Julius Drake, Robert Holl, Emma Kirkby,
Joan Patenaude-Yarnell, Rudolph Piernay, Wolfram Rieger, Roger Vignoles, Edith Wiens
• Guildhall H.P/ Academy of Ancient Music (Workshop) - MÃ©dÃ©e (M.A. Charpentier) 2011
• Banff Center for the Arts (Opera)- Billy -Lillian Alling (J. Estacio) - 2011
• Banff Center for the Arts (Opera)- Workshop on "The Last King of Scotland" (S. McNeff) /2011
• Franz Schubert Institut (Baden Bei Wien)- 2009
• Atelier d'OpÃ©ra de l'UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al- Alfred -Die Fledermaus (J.Strauss)/ 2008
• Brasov International Masterclass (Brasov, Ro.)- El Remendado -Carmen (G.Bizet)/ 2006
For further professional credentials, please visit : (concealed information)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
• MPerf. (Distinction)- Masters in Vocal Performance - Guildhall School of Music and Drama (UK) (Dir. Adrian Thompson)
• BA - Bachelor's degree in Singing –UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al (Dir. Gail Desmarais) / 2010
• BA - Bachelor's degree in Acting - Ã‰cole supÃ©rieure de thÃ©Ã¢tre (MontrÃ©al, CA)/ 2006
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am represented by "Music International" for my performing work. Feel free to check out my page on their website at:
- 5h: £300
- 10h: £600
£50 (Student discount)