I am a recent Psychology graduate with a passion for learning and helping others to learn also. I believe that learning is something to be treasured and can be fun. The ethos I bring to every session is centered around learning being fun. I adapt each topic to each individual learner. For instance, if they are a visual learner, need a little extra time or if games make the content more memorable. I have experience adapting tasks for young people with learning and emotional difficulties.
I have an excellent academic record with particular strengths in science and humanities subjects. However, I also have a strong mathematical background and essay writing skills. The essay writing skills are something that could be particularly helpful for GCSE level subjects as a great deal of subjects are essay based.
Tutoring is a sideline whilst I complete a masters so I am available evenings and weekends. Please feel free to contact me with any queries.
I am currently tutoring several students in English, Science, Maths and Psychology at a variety of levels. I also have experience helping young people with learning and emotional difficulties with academic and social skills. In addition, I worked briefly as a Teaching Assistant.
£5 addition if I am more than 5 miles away
7 Redcroft Lane, Bursledon, Southampton, SO31 8GS
(concealed information)6 / (concealed information)2
I am a recent Psychology graduate with comprehensive voluntary and commercial work experience. Additionally, I have vast experience working with children and young adults. I possess extensive communication skills and thrive in challenging environments. I am looking to apply my advanced skills and to a part-time position.
Bournemouth University – (2016-present) – I am currently studying a MSc in Forensic and Neuropsychological Perspectives on Face-Processing.
Cardiff University- (2012-2016) – I studied a Bsc in Psychology with a placement year. Final grade 2:1.
Taunton’s College (2010-2012)- I studied the International Baccalaureate. The subjects I took were:
World Literature-6 Psychology-5 History-5 French-5 Biology-6 Maths-5 with bonus points, a total of 33 points.
The Gregg School (2005-2010)
10 GCSEs including 7 at A grade and 3 at B grade.
• Receptionist experience – Whilst working at the Royal Southern Yacht Club, I assisted customers face to face and via the telephone with club and hotel matters. I also carried out administrative duties.
• Customer Service – I have held a variety of roles with a customer focus including, sales assistant, waitress, call centre and bar maid.
• Interpersonal skills-I have excellent communication and confidence. I am able to talk to a wide range of people, give presentations and write eloquently. Additionally, I have experience dealing with sensitive issues and data confidentiality.
Experiences and Achievements
• Conversational communication in French
• Student Ambassador- I helped build brand awareness for my previous school and college by being an ambassador on my open events. Currently, I hold the same position at university.
• Trinity College public speaking awards- Distinction
• Computer skills- touch typing, Microsoft packages and other technical skills.
• PR work- I have experience doing TV, radio and newspaper interviews on behalf of the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust. This is also an on-going project.
• Teenage Cancer Trust – I was part of the Teen Spirit Committee, which organises fundraising events and publicity for the South Wales region.
• The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust- The charity takes young people who have suffered from cancer on sailing trips to rebuild their confidence. I am affiliated to the trust in many ways; at first I was a young person that they took away, then I was part of their publicity group and now I am a volunteer on sailing trips and regularly fundraise for them.
• Mentoring - Every week for two years, I mentored a girl who has Downs’s syndrome to help build her confidence, social skills and academic subjects.
• Society President - President of the Enactus society for the 2013/2014 academic year. It is a social enterprise society with an entrepreneurial outlook. I have made many structural changes to help the current running and sustainability of the society.
• Cardiff Award – I am currently doing this programme which aims to boost employability through various workshops and networking with some of the largest UK based companies.
• Tanzania project - I was part of a group that travelled to Tanzania to build a school for local children. Whilst there we also visited orphanages and helped the local community. I also raised the entire cost of the trip (£1600) and building materials.
• Teaching assistant - I volunteered for two weeks week at a local school. During which time I helped the children advance with their reading, maths and other skills.
• Academic Tutor- (October 2016-present)
- I help young adults and children to reach their full academic potential in a range of subjects and levels.
• Research assistant- (October 2014-July 2015)- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- I was a part of multiple studies in adaptive roles. For one project, I recruited participants from a busy emergency room, conducted assessments on children from 5 years old and imputed data. I was recruitment co-ordinator for another project. I also spent time shadowing clinical neuropsychologists in the affiliated hospital and observing brain rehabilitation team meetings.
• Waitress/ Bar maid – ((July 2014-September 2014)- The Concorde Club
- This multi- faceted role required me to Hostess, taking orders, handling food, clearing, till operation, management of other colleagues.
• Receptionist- (July 2014-September 2014)- Royal Southern Yacht Club
- Assisting customers face to face and via the phone with hotel room bookings and club events.
• Library assistant- (September 2013-June 2014)- Cardiff University Library
- A point of contact for students.
• Technical clothing sales assistant-( June 2013 – Present) Force 4 Chandlery
- Till operation, opening and closing shop, stock rotation and management and advising customers on technical products. The skills I gained included customer management, commercial awareness, marketing experience and flexibility.
• Sales and service executive-(July 2012- September 2012) Zurich Insurance PLC ( Adecco Agency)
- During my time at the company I gained strong office administration skills, commercial awareness, client management, technical system experience and data confidentiality skills.
• Waitress (June 2011- August 2012)- The Bold Forester
- Through this employment I strengthened my customer service skills, organisation, flexibility and ability to thrive in a demanding fast paced environment. After being promoted I also had the responsibility of till operation and training new staff members.
• Invoicing clerk/sales advisor (September 2010- June 2011)-Marine Megastore
- This multi-dimensional role increased my adaptation to situations, ability to deal with complex computer systems, office administration skills and customer service.
• Kitchen Porter (October 2008- September 2010)- Ye Olde Whyte Harte
- Working in both the restaurant side and within the kitchen, I gained a broad range of skills. Time management, customer service, thriving in an always changing and fast paced environment and organisation.
• Baking- keen member of baking society
• Motorsport- avid fan of formula one
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£30|