My teaching method is adapting. I will assess the needs of my tutee before I make a teaching strategy that will aid them to excel in their studies and preparation for tests. I am on campus hence it will mainly be zoom lessons, although during holidays I would be happy to give face to face teaching.
First year Law Undergraduate at the University of Warwick. Previously attended Queen Elizabeth's School, Barnet, taking English Literature, History and Politics at A-Level. Very familiar with the demands of the 11+ as well as the secondary school syllabus.
University of Warwick Coventry, UK
•1st year undergraduate studying Law (LLB) (Full-Time)
Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet Barnet, London
(2013 – 2020)
•A-Levels: AAA (English Literature, History, Politics)
• AS Exams: AAAB (English Literature, History, Politics, German)
• GCSEs: 7 x grade 9s (including English language), 2 x grade 8s (including maths), 1 x grade 7
Young Citizens Bar Mock Trial Edinburgh, UK
(December 2018 – April 2019)
• 1st in the regional competition for Maidstone, Kent, before attending the national finals in Edinburgh, with the experience developing my understanding of criminal law and court procedure
• Prepared lines of arguments with barristers, introduced to the complexities of the burden of proof and interpreted statutes, improving my competency with legal jargon
• Presented in front of judges and a jury, bettering my public speaking skills as well as my delivery of word
Kingsley Napley Legal Apprentice London, UK
(November 2018 – April 2020)
• Ranked 1st within the teams that participated within my school as well as being in the top 14th percentile of the 902 teams from 308 schools across the country
• Developed my ability to read a case analytically, forcing me to think in a far more legal manner
• Engaged with the law far more intimately than I had done previously, by carrying out several tasks that emulated the work of a solicitor
Law Summer School August 2018 – week long internship hosted by Debate Chamber, focussing on International and Human Rights Law
InvestIN The Young Lawyer Programme November 2018 – two-day internship dedicated to criminal, family, corporate and human rights law
Skills and leadership roles
Peer mentor – consulted my mentees before advising them academically
Public speaking – was form representative on the sixth form council, regularly had to deliver speeches and feedback
Prefect – worked with a team of 130 students to organise the school fete, lunchtimes and after school events
Form Representative – Worked closely with the yr10 form I was assigned to, offering a place for advice and liaison
House Team – worked alongside 7 others to organise house charity events, assemblies and schemes for the school
Microsoft word proficiency and computer skills
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|