As a psychology student, I believe it is important to engage and stimulate independent thought. This optimises processing and memory by guiding the student towards realising solutions for themselves while simultaneously building up their confidence and enthusiasm for the subject.
I am a final year Psychology Student (9A* at GCSE and 3A*1A at A level) looking to help students realise their potential at school. I can help with a broad range of subjects and cater to your child's individual needs.
I am happy to travel to your home, however if it is more than 5km from me I would ask for travel expenses of £5 to be covered.
University of Edinburgh (2017-2021)
• MA (hons) Psychology
The University of Sydney (2019-2020)
• Member of competitive St. Andrews College
Mander Portman Woodward (2015-2017)
• A Levels: 3 A*s: Psychology, History, Philosophy and Religious Studies 1 A: Biology
Sherborne Girls School (2009-2015)
• GCSE’s: 9 x A*, 1 x A (including Maths and English)
Thackerays Estate Agent (Summer 2018 and 2019)
• Computerising all property files, inputting and generating data in Excel
• Directly liaising with current and prospective clients on issues of tenancies and property management.
The Old Bailey, Lord Justice Haddon-Cave (June 2018)
• Marshall to Lord Justice Haddon Cave, sitting in the Old Bailey on the high profile terrorism case of R v. Rahman and Imran. Offering insight into the nuances of the case and working directly with the Judge.
Silver Service Wine- and Plate-waiting May-June 2019
• Michelin star chef Raymond Blanc’s restaurant Jardin Blanc at the Chelsea Flower Show. Communicating with and managing requirements of high profile customersand working in a team. Being adaptable and efficient at task switching.
Catering, Mange2 Catering. May 2018.
Nanny/babysitter, (Part time) 2014-2018 London
• 3 children (aged: 3yrs, 1.5yrs, 4 months), 2 children (aged: 2yrs, 10 months).
Bar-tending, The Uxbridge Arms. December 2016-March 2017.
• Customer relations, working in a team and being flexible during busy times.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
IT: Data analysis and coding in R and SPSS, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Leith’s Food and Wine advanced qualification – 1ST year training (2016-2017)
Calais Refugee Camp (July 2016)
• Volunteering in ‘The Jungle’ and Warehouse Auberge de Refugees in Calais, France. Organising donations in the warehouse, creating care packages for arriving refugees and provision of English language practice for children in the camp through ‘Jungle Books’ Programme.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• 2017 Best overall performance in A level Social Science subjects. 2016 Best performance by Lower Sixth student.
• Womens Touch Rugby (St. Andrew’s College, Sydney), Regional Athletics (200m and Hurdles), County Lacrosse (Wiltshire and Dorset), 1st team Lacrosse (Sherborne Girls).
Warriors Scholarship Programme, Johannesburg (October 2015)
• 8 day mental and physical endurance programme designed to foster positive responses and performance under high stress.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|