My teaching method is always tailored to the pupil trying to get the best out of them. Structuring the lessons around them and to allow confidence and trust to build. I like receiving feedback and being asked lots of questions as long as it is relates to the subject.
I have been coaching for over 4 years having more than 500 pupils.
I am also a HND student in sport coaching, development and fitness.
I have a wide range of practical experience from class lessons and one to one coaching and even a coach coach role.
I am a very hard working, friendly and reliable. I have gained vast experience working in prestigious establishments in the UK; all highly customer focused and fast paced environments. I am passionate about a career in sport development particularly within the leisure sector; with past experiences giving me the desire to progress. I am highly motivated and driven with a professional attitude and I work well on my own and excel as part of a team. I believe I have developed a strong set of skills and gained knowledge that I continually work to improve and hope to pass onto others in my future positions. I am a very active individual who regularly took part in sports and competed at a high level in both Muay Thai and football growing up. Being very enthusiastic, I have big ambitions for the future and would love to work for a supportive organisation that challenges me in order to develop my self-confidence and perform to my full potential.
Ayrshire College, East Ayrshire Carrick Academy, South Ayrshire
HNC; Coaching and Developing Sport Higher; Graphic Communication (B)
08/2017 Intermediate 1; English (C)
Standard Grade; P.E (1), Maths (2),
Geography (2), Physics (3)
My time at college was incredible for both personal and academic development; offering me remarkable practical experiences in the sport and development industry, such as, planning, organising and delivering a sport ability event for Sport ability Scotland, managing over 50 volunteers and 200 participants. This allowed me to explore all different aspects of coaching. I feel my knowledge and understanding of the industry and management has been greatly developed and supported by experiences in South Ayrshire’s Learn2Swim programme, Confident Swimmer, Maybole Amateur Swim Club and Active Schools. During my time at college and work I have developed a love for working with children and also a keen interest in wellness, leisure and sport. I have always excelled in active, physical and creative subjects and I feel these courses have given me the opportunity to explore this side of the business.
• Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
• UKCC Level 1 Teaching Aquatics
• SFA Early Touches 1.1
• RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
• STAF Board of Directors presentations
Craig Tara, Lifeguard and leisure attendant
March 2013 - November 2015
• Delivering exceptional customer care to guests, members and the public
• Promotion and delivery of memberships and activities
• Pool supervision and chemical testing
• Group activity instruction
• Responsibility of successfully opening and closing facilities and overseeing events and activities run on a daily basis
South Ayrshire Council, Swim Coach
January 2016 - Present Day
• Plan and deliver lessons adhering to the scheme of work
• Identify participants abilities and encourage them to reach full potential
• Correct faults in swimming technique and identify ways to improve
• Be a positive role model to promote fun and motivation
• Constantly update manage and complete registers
• Evaluate sessions giving constructive feedback
• Work alongside development officer other coaches and lifeguards
Confident Swimmer, Private Swim Coach
June 2017 - Present Day
• Provide quality one to one teaching in the water
• Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions undertaking risk assessments
• Manage and follow a strict timeline
• Ensure the safety and provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
STAF, Youth Facilitator
June 2017- May 2018
• Empower young people
• Gide and enable young people to work towards goals
• Widen their awareness to have the power to make change
• Promote an active mindset
• Try and provide leadership without taking the reigns
• Work alongside the youth worker
I love volunteering and have given over 300 hours of my time to local projects, sports clubs and charity events. Maybole amateur swim club is one organisation I have volunteered for every Tuesday night as a head coach, managing volunteers, planning and organising events. This giving me valuable experience in running a club, from insurance to maintaining participation rates. I have also volunteered at several disability sporting events having a key role in the planning and management of the events. The sports ability events are among the most rewarding experiences in my life, working with children of all different backgrounds and disabilities, physical, sensory and learning. These events are truly rewarding and have inspired me to continue my voluntary work whenever I can because I love being able to give others less fortunate the opportunity to participate and have fun.
References available upon request
swimming lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£150|