I teach maths and English to students age between 5 to 15 years old who attemp to pass their exams with good grades and achieve high results for their future academic life.
My main aim is to make the lessons more interesting for the pupils by using maths and English computer tests as well as my own written tests, depending on the pupils' level of understanding. I often give my students a few homework and classroom tests in order to keep them alert, attentive and focussed.
I achieve very good results when my pupils are feeling happy and lively during the lesson. Therefore pupils are welcome to bring their own opinion and expose it to others as well as it can help others to benefit from it.
As a result the communication between the students themselves (group work or 1:1) and between me and the pupils can simultaneously bring successful results to my classrooms and enhance the level of energy and activity for the learners as well as myself.
In a few words:
1) I write the title for my lesson on the board i.e. division
2) I ask the students the meaning for the title with a few examples for my lesson and write them on the board i.e. 1:1=1 2:1=2 2:2=1
3) I use shapes and objects to convey information and simplify it as much as I can
4) I give the students a few exercise in the class and let them answer the questions individually and later on as a part of a group
5) Answers will be checked in the class
6) Homework combined with examples and a guideline will be given to students and it will be based on the lesson topic i.e. division as below:
3:3=? Example guideline
6:3= ? 2:2 =1 1x2=2
9:3= ? 6:2=3 3x2=6
12:3 = ? 12:2=6 6X2=12
I have been teaching maths and English longer than 10 years and as a result I can now use variety of methods and examples to simplify the difficult topics for the students.
My experience shows:
On a one to one basis: 100% of One to one students with minor learning difficulties have passed their exams
On a group basis between 5 to 9 students :90% of students with minor learning difficulties have passed their exams
If I travel to the rate will be 20 pounds per hour and if the student travels the rate will be 15 pounds per hour
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|