The school of art I live within is informal, a friendly, no-need-to-get-up kind of place.
The techniques I teach are a means to make you happier with your drawings. Our goal: to give you the ability to sneak into the heart of your subject by going direct.
Together we will work on how to give your drawings character, improve your visual memory, and work from mistakes.
You’ll learn how to develop visual motifs such as texture, shape, composition and character, and develop your own drawing practice.
Before the session I can look into your most recent work which gives me a bigger picture of your creative voice. I believe that developing your expression is a matter of time, so I am a very encouraging tutor. I am trained both in classical (academic) drawing and painting approaches, as well as more liberal and contemporary fine art education.
For examples of my work, please see my website: (concealed information)
I have been a professional artist for the last four years, showing work in London, Vienna, Barcelona and Wellington. I studied Fine Art at Central Saint Martins - which is continuously ranked among the best ten art schools in the world - and received 1st class honours. I am passionate about teaching art in ways that make the subject and its history come to life for my students.
I have three years of teaching experience with adults and children. I am familiar with the art curriculum and have personal experience of portfolio preparation courses. I am competent and skilled in research and project development. I have been commended for my remarkable ability to introduce students to different fields of art and design within one session, and for giving students the the confidence they need to push their practice into a different realm.
I am DBS certified.
1 Student, aged 13+
£40 per hour - Monday to Friday
£45 per hour - Weekend
1 Students, aged 12 and under
£35 per hour - Monday to Friday
£40 per hour - Weekend
UAL: Central Saint Martins
(2015 - 2019)
1st in BA Fine Art
Akademie der Bildenden Künst, Vienna
Fine Art Painting
UAL: Central Saint Martins
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
Tomlinson Hall Sixth Form
(2012 – 2014)
4 A Levels (A* – Fine Art / A* – Textiles / A* – Mathematics / A – English Literature)
Life Drawing Tutor
• Set up life drawing classes through zoom with nearby residents during Covid-19 lockdown
• Supported development of seeing the whole form, knowledge of anatomy, confidence in mark-making, and other essential skills through mixed-length exercises
Workshop Leader at Capital E!
Wellington, New Zealand
• Developed lessons for young children in painting, soft sculpture, and collage
• Led sessions with messy materials effectively, mainting a calm creative atmosphere
• Ensured all age ranges created work they were proud of
Workshop leader at New Zealand Festival of the Arts
Wellington, New Zealand
• Led sessions of 7-10 adults in life drawing classes
• Honed skills of observation through specific and attentive constructive criticism
Private art tutor
• Developed individual weekly lesson plans to build skills in art and craft, including stop-motion animation, theatre sets and sculpture - encouraging independent creativity
Workshop leader at London Symphony Orchestra Discovery Day
• Led groups of children and adults with support needs in crafting activities, creating crowns and wands from natural materials in response to the LSO’s live music
Workshop leader at The Barbican
• Independently led quick-fire 15-minute sessions of 30 children and their parents in various craft activities in accompaniment to Barbican performance days
- Lady Larde's Lament, The Compound, London (upcoming)
- Degree Show One, Central Saint Martins, London
- ChirimoYES SUCKapuntas, La Cera, Barcelona
- RavaRes, Rava Island, Croatia
- This is an Art School, TATE Modern, London
- U-Kave, Athens
- Kitchen, LIMBO LIMBO, London
- Disobedient Objects, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Olivia is a very thoughtful and creative person. She is conscientious, kind and hard-working. I have always found her advice and input extremely supportive: she manages to balance her insight and skills, to help develop my own knowledge and ideas, to give me the confidence to explore and develop further, in a very open and creative way. I always come away from our discussions with new insights and motivation. I wholeheartedly recommend her as a tutor.
Olivia brought many ideas to the table in a genuine and fun way. She would always go that extra mile to inspire and support our son. Would thoroughly recommend her !
It's been a true delight having Olivia as my tutor for the last few months. Her passion and experience in drawing is valuable in helping me find my own style and explore new possibilities, while at the same time sticking to technique and covering all the basics of drawing. I always look forward our next class and I couldn't recommending her more for anyone who is interested in exploring this world.
drawing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art and design lessons for all!
Taking art school preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|