I am looking for students from KS2,3,4,5 and pre-foundation who wish to improve their art skills and knowledge of art history and processes.
Prior to private tutoring I was working at a secondary school in SE London where I was a classroom teacher across the main 3 key stages. I am familiar with the B-Tec and A Level Diplomas, and also the GCSE requirements/curriculums.
Prior to teaching , I was a fashion designer, so am also interested in students who may want to become designers. i can teach illustration and clothing design, and can help with portfolio preparation. i am also a sessional lecturer in fashion design.
I like to develop a close relationship with my students, take them to galleries, help them develop their research skills and become articulate artists. I also encourage working with sketchbooks for planned projects. I encourage independent learning and expression, whilst using my life skills to guide them.
I have been teaching Art and Design since 2010, when I became a teacher after a 20 year career as a fashion designer. I am currently tutoring privately, lecturing and and creating my own artworks on commission.
Working across the key stages, my lessons offer the essential components for success at GCSE and A Level. Developing practical skills through workshops, visiting galleries, conversation, sketching, and research are the areas within my teaching programme. i would also assist with portfolio development for applications to secondary schools, sixth forms and colleges.
‘A imaginative and resourceful teacher and gifted art & design specialist, excelling not only in original concepts of her own, but nurturing the budding talents and creative channels in others’
With a glittering 17 year career in the fashion and sportswear arena working for big name brands including Nike and Pringle, I achieved a reputation as a first class designer and was repeatedly headhunted to devise and unveil fantastic new collections; my keen eye for both aesthetics and functionality being key to my success.
My career in the fashion industry lends credibility and subject expertise to my teaching, whether inside a secondary school classroom or a university lecture room. With an innate talent for engaging with students through captivating and original lessons, I also carefully embed a culture of trust and care especially amongst challenging young people from diverse backgrounds, promoting inclusivity.
• Teaching & Lecturing in Art, Design & Fashion
• Lesson Plans, Work Schedules & Resources
• Monitoring & Assessment of Progress
• Diverse Teaching Methods Matching Learning Styles
• English, French, Italian & German
• Fashion, Sport & Lifestyle Clothing Design
• Sourcing Fabrics & Liaising With Manufacturers
• Utilising Mood Boards, Key Shapes & Colours
• Hand Drawing, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
• Travel & Experience in the Global Marketplace
2016 – Present Freelance Educator
Identifying opportunities and tendering for contracts to teach at GCSE/A’ Level and Post Graduate levels within educational establishments or private tuition.
• Devising and preparing sessions with lesson plans and schedules, creating learning materials and visual aids.
• Arranging visits to retail fashion outlets to relate theory to practice.
• Testing and assessing students to ensure progress is in line with programme advancement.
• Reviewing and modifying courses as required to continually improve or modify programme to fit the client group.
2016 – Present London College of Fashion, UAL ,
Lecturer in Menswear Design, Study Abroad
Innovated, structured and now delivering a 10 week programme of study as a freelance lecturer to international students, exploring all facets of menswear design bringing a wealth of experience to the classroom and giving real-world perspective on the industry to aid career decisions.
2016 – Present Private Tutor
Providing private tuition and coaching in Art for two students at KS2.
• Already invited to return to LCF in the Spring term with a view to repeated contracts in this and further programmes.
2010 – 2016 John Roan School, London
Classroom Teacher in Art and Design / Media Studies
Acted as both form and classroom teacher in Art & Design for KS3-5 and Media Studies for KS4-5 supporting students through their GCSE and A’ Level years within a highly challenging London school.
• Conducting subject research and utilising prior experience to plan interesting and fun lessons, taking into account learning styles and varying teaching methods responsively.
• Assessed students through a range of techniques from observation to exams, ensuring each element within the national curriculum was covered.
• Maintained records and progress reports for each pupil sharing pertinent information with colleagues where appropriate.
• Organised work schedules, seating plans and lesson structures meticulously recording all outcomes.
• Established a nurturing environment for students who were troubled and taking a genuine interest in their lives, undertaking a pastoral role in supporting them through their difficulties and resolving their issues.
• 100% pass rate; Coached students to accomplish BTECs and A-C grades in GCSEs every year without fail as part of a team of three Art & Design teachers.
• Assessed by Ofsted to be never less than “Good” and observed as “Outstanding” in subject knowledge.
• Collaborated on a hugely successful project with Ravensbourne School of Art and the National Maritime Museum for a Media Studies group whereby they uploaded responses via Blippar to the “Longitude” Exhibition; resulted in a press conference and open presentation.
drawing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, watercolor painting lessons for all!
Taking acrylic painting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£30||Not available|