I have been tutoring students of ages 8-22 off and on for 11 years in multiple academic subjects, including math, science, English, Horse Judging, and music. I have taught children, family friends, fellow classmates in secondary school and university, and student-taught biochemistry in university. My students have gone on to improve their grades in exams, their performance in competitions, and their readiness for the next grade or level of schooling.
I love to teach, and have loved teaching every one of my past students. Using a guiding philosophy that learning should be fun, exciting, and confidence-building, I have improved the English, science and math skills of children entering “gifted and talented” schools; assisted special-needs children with developing reading, writing, and math skills to prepare for secondary school; improved the public speaking and critical thinking skills of a nationally-ranked judging team; and worked as an editor to a collegiate journal recognized by the United States Library of Congress.
Travel costs may vary depending on distance, weather, and availability of transportation.
The University of Glasgow: Glasgow, United Kingdom Expected Graduation Date: June 2021
School of Veterinary Medicine
Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO Graduation Date: May 2016
Bachelor of Science, Equine Sciences Minor in Business Administration
University Honors Scholar
Journal of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Excellence (JUR) Fort Collins, CO 2013-2016
• Edited pieces submitted to the JUR press for accuracy, content, mechanics, clarity, fluidity, and originality in preparation for publication
• Specialized in the editing of historical, literary, and medical analyses
• Liaised between authors of submitted pieces and the JUR’s copy editors, affiliate editors, and professional, graduate, and undergraduate referees
Colorado State University
Assistant Coach for the 2015-2016 Horse Judging Team Fort Collins, CO 2015-2016
• Assisted in teaching and preparing the team members to identify the key elements of multiple competitive equine disciplines
• Challenged my students to use critical thinking skills to develop logical, thorough decision making
• Helped my student to improve their public speaking and debating skills to present concrete and creative verbal arguments that accompany their judging decisions
Private tutor Aurora, CO 2013-2015
Math, English, and Science tutor to children in primary and secondary school
• Assisted special-needs children with developing reading, writing, and math skills to prepare for secondary school
• Improved the scientific and mathematical knowledge and understanding of gifted children entering a “gifted and talented” school
Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO January 2014 - May 2014
Biochemistry Student Teacher
• Held weekly or bi-weekly study sessions with a group of 1-8 undergraduates taking Biochemistry
• Assisted my students in the completion of assignments, exam preparation, and comprehension of complex biochemical concepts
• Assisted my students in improving their exam and semester grades through the use of visual, linguistic, and kinesthetic learning methods
SELECTED AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS_______________________________________________
Colorado State University Horse Judging Team 2013-2015
• Senior High Team Overall Arabian Horse Association National Judging Competition 2013
Thomas Sutherland Ag Scholarship 2013-2014
• Awarded to undergraduate agriculture students wishing to study abroad and interested in international agriculture, scholarship, leadership, and need.
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£185||£150|