I have been tutoring students of ages 8-22 off and on for 11 years in multiple academic subjects, including math, science, English, Horse Judging, and music. I have taught children, family friends, fellow classmates in secondary school and university, and student-taught biochemistry in university. My students have gone on to improve their grades in exams, their performance in competitions, and their readiness for the next grade or level of schooling.
Travel costs may vary depending on distance, weather, and availability of transportation.
I love to teach, and have loved teaching every one of my past students. Using a guiding philosophy that learning should be fun, exciting, and confidence-building, I have improved the English, science and math skills of children entering “gifted and talented” schools; assisted special-needs children with developing reading, writing, and math skills to prepare for secondary school; improved the public speaking and critical thinking skills of a nationally-ranked judging team; and worked as an editor to a collegiate journal recognized by the United States Library of Congress.
The University of Glasgow: Glasgow, United Kingdom Expected Graduation Date: June 2021
School of Veterinary Medicine
Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO Graduation Date: May 2016
Bachelor of Science, Equine Sciences Minor in Business Administration
University Honors Scholar
Journal of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Excellence (JUR) Fort Collins, CO 2013-2016
• Edited pieces submitted to the JUR press for accuracy, content, mechanics, clarity, fluidity, and originality in preparation for publication
• Specialized in the editing of historical, literary, and medical analyses
• Liaised between authors of submitted pieces and the JUR’s copy editors, affiliate editors, and professional, graduate, and undergraduate referees
Colorado State University
Assistant Coach for the 2015-2016 Horse Judging Team Fort Collins, CO 2015-2016
• Assisted in teaching and preparing the team members to identify the key elements of multiple competitive equine disciplines
• Challenged my students to use critical thinking skills to develop logical, thorough decision making
• Helped my student to improve their public speaking and debating skills to present concrete and creative verbal arguments that accompany their judging decisions
Private tutor Aurora, CO 2013-2015
Math, English, and Science tutor to children in primary and secondary school
• Assisted special-needs children with developing reading, writing, and math skills to prepare for secondary school
• Improved the scientific and mathematical knowledge and understanding of gifted children entering a “gifted and talented” school
Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO January 2014 - May 2014
Biochemistry Student Teacher
• Held weekly or bi-weekly study sessions with a group of 1-8 undergraduates taking Biochemistry
• Assisted my students in the completion of assignments, exam preparation, and comprehension of complex biochemical concepts
• Assisted my students in improving their exam and semester grades through the use of visual, linguistic, and kinesthetic learning methods
SELECTED AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS_______________________________________________
Colorado State University Horse Judging Team 2013-2015
• Senior High Team Overall Arabian Horse Association National Judging Competition 2013
Thomas Sutherland Ag Scholarship 2013-2014
• Awarded to undergraduate agriculture students wishing to study abroad and interested in international agriculture, scholarship, leadership, and need.
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£185||£150|