I enjoy teaching students of all backgrounds and abilities and will happily take on both beginners and more advanced students of all ages. I have a patient and detailed approach, and like to ensure that I am teaching the musical fundamentals so that the student develops a good understanding of music itself, as well as encouraging progress on the instrument at a pace that suits the student.
I am a violinist in my fourth year of my undergraduate performance degree at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, having perviously studied at music school from the age of 3. I've been playing violin since I was 5 years old and have performed all over Europe in orchestra tours, as part of my quartet and as a solo performer and have has a lot of experience in recording studios. I've had experience teaching complete beginners and more advanced students ranging from age 5 to adult and have always had positive feedback due to my patient and enthusiastic way of encouraging students to reach their potential and beyond.
If the student cancels less than 24 hours before the lesson, I will receive half the given rate for that lesson. e.g £15 for an hour.
Education and Qualifications:
• GCSE’s- 2 A*, 4 A, 2 B
• A level- (in Music, English and Philosophy & Ethics) - 3 A’s
• Studied violin from the age of 5 at Wells Cathedral School, under Tricia Noall.
• Received scholarships/conservatoire places from the Royal Northern College of music, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, the Trinity Laban College of Music and Dance, the Birmingham Conservatoire of Music and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
• Currently in the fouth year of my undergraduate performance degree at the Guildhall school of Music and Drama, studying under Krysia Osostowicz.
• Recorded at Abbey Road Studios for the Abbey Road Institute alongside Haydn Bendall and Raz Olsher.
• Returned to Abbey Road Studios with my string quartet to record Moeran’s first String quartet in A minor.
• Recorded a score as part of a small string ensemble for a British Film Institute silent film ‘Helen of Four Gates’ at Abbey Road Studios.
• Recorded at RAK studios for Joe Leader’s cinematic album ‘Healing The Heart’.
• Recorded new ballet music at The Premises studios for the Abbey Road Institute scholars.
• Successfully auditioned for the National Children’s Orchestra of Great Britain for 4 consecutive years from the age of 10, performing concerts with soloists such as Julian Lloyd-Webber and in my final year, playing at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee lunch in Westminster Hall.
• Lead the junior string ensemble at WCS.
• Performed Vivaldi’s ‘Spring’ from his Four Seasons with orchestra.
• Performed a concert version of ‘Les Miserables’ as a series of concerts in Guernsey, produced in association with Cameron Mackintosh Ltd with Ramin Karimloo playing Val-Jean.
• Toured Europe twice with the WCS String Chamber Orchestra and lead the orchestra for the demanding piece ‘Metamorphosen’ by Strauss.
• Have participated in masterclasses with renowned violinists such as James Ehnes and So-Ock Kim.
• Received chamber coaching and master classes with members of the Danish String Quartet, The Takacs Quartet, the Endellion Quartet, the Dante Quartet and the Chilingirian Quartet.
• Given Quartet recitals in Berbigières in France, Cornwall, the Institute of directors and the Guildhall school Chamber Music Festival.
• Teaching experience: I have experience teaching both beginner students and more advanced students, ranging from 5 years old to adult. Also taught younger siblings violin and have lead orchestral sectionals as well as experience interacting with small groups of young children.
• I am approachable, friendly, fun, caring and very patient.
• I played team sports from the ages of 10-18 so have great communication skills.
• Playing in orchestras and quartets from a young age means I can interact with other musicians easily and help/teach/explain technical concepts and suggest ideas.
• Having grown up looking after two younger siblings and doing child-minding work, I have experience working with children.
• I am hard working, dedicated and strive to do everything to the best of my abilities.
violin lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£33||Not available|