Everyone learns differently. Living with dyslexia, I has found and develop new and creative ways of learning.
My teaching style strives to meet each students needs through an innovative and personal approach.
As an instructor, I aims to have a positive impact on my students. I create a safe space to make mistakes, while developing an understanding of the voice and theatre industry.
I came from a classical background training at Scottish Opera, Scotland’s National Opera Company. Continuing my journey in theatre, I moved down to London and after 3 years of training, in 2018, received a first Class Honours Degree in Musical Theatre from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. Since graduating I have continued training in Estill Vocal Technique and have began a new journey in songwriting.
Musical theatre has played such a huge role in my life, and I have a desire to help train the next generation of performers.
Education and Training
• Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts (2015-2018): BA Honours Musical Theatre, First Class
• 6 years Estill Vocal training
• North Lanarkshire College (2013-2015): HND Musical Theatre
• Scottish Opera (2012-2013)
• First Aid / CPR certified 2020
ELH Vocals, 2021
• Built own vocal coaching business
• Qualified in Estill Vocal Technique Level 1 & 2
• Teaching ages from 5-18
• Inspiring young performers focussing on vocal health, variety of music styles,
acting through song, confidence building, audition/selftape tips coaching
• Handling money and creating invoices
• Advertising through social media
• Private Vocal Mentoring 2020
• Focused on audition prep, vocal health, many genres, vocal technique,
repertoire, career mentoring, acting through song, and much more.
Professional Performance Experience
Syd Norman’s Pour House (Lead Vocalist), Norwegian Cruise Lines, Western Caribbean Tour, 2019-2020
• Lead Role for this interactive rock bar theatre show. Nightly performances*
• Directed by the original producers and directors of “Rock of Ages” on Broadway
• High performance energy, rock belt, and improvisation were emphasised.
• Over 100 songs
• Vacation Hero Award - customer satisfaction / comment cards from guest -
awarded 3 months in a row
An Evening with Marlow & Moss (Lead Vocalist), Brasserie Zedel, London, 2019
• LeadVocalist • Contemporary Pop/ Musical theatre
• High profile event in the theatre industry, London.
Club Mex (Lou), Hopemill Theatre, Manchester, UK, 2019 • Lead role for up coming immersive theatre show
• Directed by West End star Julie Atherton
• Contemporary Pop style music
• Vocal range and stamina were crucial in this production
The Wizard of Oz (Dorothy), The Scoop Open Air Theatre, London, UK, 2018 Lead role in a modern version of this classic musical.
Directed by Phil Wilmott and production by Gods and Monsters Theatre Co. Vocal Captain* and Dance Captain*
Michael Ball and Alfie Boe (Vocalist) - Together Again, O2 Arena, Live Nation, London, UK 2018
• Performed in the on-stage choir in front of 20,000 people
ITV GALA (Lead Vocalist), London Palladium, 2017
• Shared the stage with Tokio Myers and Jennifer Hudson • Performed in front of over 2,000 people
The Battle of the Boat (Florence), 2018 Directed by: Julie Atherton
King Arthur (Gawynn), The Scoop Open Air Theatre, London, UK, 2018 / Directed by: Phil Wilmott
Damn Yankees (Meg Boyd), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London, 2018
Directed by: Martin Duncan
Parade (Monteen), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London, 2018 Directed by: Josh Seymour
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Sophia), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London, 2017
Directed by: Julie Atherton
The Secret Garden (Alice, Claire, Ensemble), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London 2017
Directed by: Erica Gould
Queen Anne (Queen Anne), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London 2017
Directed by: Carole Harvey
A Winter’s Tale (Paulina), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London 2017
Directed by: Darren Lawrence
Oklahoma! (Laurey), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London, 2016 Directed by: Steve Grihault
Boogie Nights (Trish), New College Lanarkshire, Glasgow, 2015 Directed by: Alan Currie
Take a lesson from Emma and you’ll never need another teacher! Her amazing talent and years of professional experience in the industry are priceless! She communicates information so clearly that anyone will understand. Emma has really helped me reach my own goals! I highly recommend!!
Emma is an amazing talent. She has a seriously beautiful voice and wants nothing but the best for her clients. Her work ethic is commendable and you will see progress in a short period of time. She has a warm welcoming personality and you will feel at ease as soon as you meet her. I’ve known Emma for many years and watched her grow as an artist, performer and tutor. I can highly recommend.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocal coaching lessons for all!
Taking musical education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|