I like to keep things interactive and friendly, and I feel that if we gel well with each other, learning can become a lot easier and fun. I also like to include as much hands-on work or experiential learning as I can. I am not very old and experienced, but I think that's an advantage because it helps both the children and me to relate to each other. I also prefer to not be called a "teacher" or "tutor". I'm Aura, a friend who helps out with work when needed.
I am studying drama at UEA, but I am a bit of an artist, dancer, chef, sports-person, singer, actor... I like exploring everything! I'm not just about Arts though- in school along with Fine Arts, I did Maths and Sciences!
I used to tutor before starting university and I have a great bond with those I have helped. I am not a formal teacher and do not have any such qualifications, but I have been a good student and I enjoy working and helping others, and I've been told I'm pretty good!
Objective: To work with children, have fun, learn and grow together.
Skills and Work Profile
1. Nature Study and Still Life: ICSE 2017 94%, ISC 2019 97%
2. Batik and Kalamkari (fabric art): Saree, Tablecloth, Wall-hanging
3. Thread Work: Crochet- shrug, mat, dress; Embroidery, Knitting
4. Wood Craft: Table lamp, Wood carving, Sets for plays
5. Modelling: Paper maché, Wire work, Plaster carving, Clay modelling, Pottery, Wax sculpting
6. Sketching and Painting: including t-shirts, logo designing and murals
7. Lettering and Fonts
8. Fashion Designing
10. Basic Animation and Digital Art
Other Areas of Experience:
1. Drama: Performances, Acting, Directing, Stage management, Production, Light, Sound, Costumes, Set design and Building, Props, Posters and Advertisements, Music Direction, etc.
2. Music: Vocals (Carnatic classical and Western), Guitar, Piano, Tabla, Rudiments of Violin, and Drums
3. Sports: Football*, Handball*, Basketball* (*school teams), Ultimate Frisbee, Horse riding, Swimming, Badminton
4. Dance: Odissi, Bharatnatyam, Western folk, Ballroom
5. Writing: Stories, Poetry, Scripts
6. Gastronomy: Baking, Cooking, Plating, Arrangement and Design (Note: My mother owns a food and beverage venture called Khubkhao Gastronomic Ventures back in India. I was not professionally working there, but was involved in most of the work, starting from kitchen work, to customer satisfaction).
1. ICSE (2017) and ISC (2019) from Rishi Valley School, India
2. Oxbridge Academic Program from Cambridge University (2017), United Kingdom- Major Drama, Minor Photography
Professional Work Experience:
1. Private Tutor (all school subjects)
2. Social Work- Rural Education Centre Rishi Valley (India), Abha Mission for Social Health and Education (NGO- India), Waste Management of Rishi Valley (India)
3. Waitress at a Turkish restaurant
4. Selling my art work
Skills: Good communicator, Imaginative, Innovative, Intelligent, Creative, Determined, Passionate, Hard-working, Sincere, Responsible, Reliable, Social, Friendly, Sensitive, Understanding, Independent, Honest, Excellent organiser, Good with people
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£8|