I offer tutoring online and in Southend-on-Sea and Westcliff-on-Sea in Essex. I tutor:
- SATs and 11+ examinations
- German / Portuguese
- Media and Film Studies
- English as a Foreign Language.
I also offer dyslexia and literacy support, academic writing skills, study skills, essay writing, plus Undergraduate and Postgraduate study support.
My teaching style is to ask students questions to see if they know the answers. I then give them strategies to try to work out the answers and guide them to think for themselves to become independent learners. With the introduction of the new GCSE, being able to think for yourself and develop critical thinking skills early is a real advantage.
I have a recent DBS check (formally known as CRB) and references. I’m mostly based in Southend-on-Sea and Westcliff-on-Sea, but do get in touch if you live within 10km. Further than 10km, I cover all other areas (including internationally) through online tuition via Skype.
I have a Ph.D and a PGCE, along with 10 years of experience teaching in the Primary, Secondary, Further Education and Higher Education (university) sectors, and I have tutored both adults and children aged 4+. In terms of credentials and qualifications, I have gained:
* Qualified Teacher Status and a PGCE.
* an interdisciplinary Ph.D from the University of Nottingham.
* an MA (by Research) German and a BA (hons) German and Portuguese.
* a Certificate in Personal Coaching (from The Coaching Academy)
* an International Coach Federation-certified Certificate in Group Coaching (from Animas School of Coaching)
I have also been awarded:
*a Higher Education teaching award in 2012 and have excellent references and student feedback.
* an Associate Member Status of the HEA for Higher Education teaching.
a successful DBS check and I am on the Update Service which renews yearly.
I have dozens of 5-star reviews, which can be found on Yell, Facebook, etc.
Aside from running my Tutoring & Coaching company, I am teaching at or have taught at the following educational organisations:
* The Workers’ Educational Association – Film Studies and History Lecturer and ESOL tutor (2013-2014 & 2017 – present) in south Essex
* DaDaABC – Tutor of English as a Foreign Language (2017 – 2018) online
* 3 high schools (2 grammar schools, 1 comprehensive) in the UK – Teacher (2015 – 2017)
* Maynooth University (Ireland) – Lecturer and Assistant Researcher (2014 – 2015)
* The University of Nottingham – Seminar Tutor (2010 – 2014)
* A junior high school in Vienna, Austria – Assistant Teacher (2007)
I have been having a wonderful time with Bex, she's highly-skilled, well-prepared, a very intelligent listener, which make for very good coaching advice. Her life coaching sessions have helped me do a lot to achieve my objectives. It's so good to see someone who takes their profession so seriously! I recommend and commend her!
Bex is a fantastic tutor. She is able to adapt her teaching based on a learner's needs and makes learning engaging. She is a personable character, making studying fun as well as educational. I highly recommend Bex.
Bex is not only trust worthy but just outright amazing! I’ve been going through a rough patch in my life and Bex has been there for me all the time. I have never met someone so caring and attentive.
Bex is a great coach/tutor and has inspired me to complete outstanding projects that I'd been avoiding for years. Bex asks the right questions, listens to my answers and coaches me based on my needs.
Bex is awesome. I was really having trouble with anxiety and finding a direction with life and Bex has helped immeasurably with both. She's always optimistic yet realistic with her coaching and I rarely come away from a session without taking her sense of her optimism with me
I have known Bex for many years and I have always found her to be exteremly trustworthy, reliable and honest.
She is exteremly hardoworking and very dedicated to helping and supporting everyone, especially her students.
Bex is really good at communicating with people from all different backgrounds and finds different ways to effectively engage with the person in front of her.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|