I have always had a passion for the sciences and mathematics and after excelling at secondary school went on the do my undergraduate degree in Neuroscience at the University of Sussex. Since, I have continued my education in this field and am currently undertaking my Master’s degree in neuroscience at King's College London.
My teaching style is to make sure students are having as much fun as possible. I am very creative with analogies and metaphors to increase understanding. Sometimes it just takes a real-world example for that light-bulb to light up!
I am very flexible in regards to teaching structure as it depends in what goals we set and also the time frame we would like to achieve them. Ultimately the goal is to not memorise facts but to understand the world around us!
Perfect! My son enjoys Daniel's classes (Biology for the A levels) very much and says he is learning a lot and understanding things that had seemed very difficult to him until now. After only a few lessons, he feels much more confident and optimistic.
Tutoring is a way for me to share my passion for science & maths around my current commitments. I also work as a behaviour mentor in schools so have experience of working with young people of all ages and all abilities as some of my work involves working with them 1-1 on curriculum work. I have previous tutoring experience with children from primary school up to A-Level.
"Daniel was so friendly and warm in his approach as for me that was as important as his tutoring ability. Having someone tutor my son who was so encouraging made me feel at ease"
Patience Kokowabea - Parent of Year 5 student
"Dan really helped me get a well-rounded understanding of all of the topics involved in my studies. It wasn't just about passing my exams but I'm now able to apply my knowledge to my future studies"
Ultimately I have the academic expertise to tutor anyone up to degree level however it is more my desire to help others who want to learn that drives me.
I can travel and tutor from home.
As a BSC Neuroscience graduate and current MSc Neuroscience student, I have gained an invaluable skill set. These include analytic and critical thinking, time management, working under the pressure of a considerable workload and the ability to generate ideas in a creatively. In addition to these learnt qualities, I believe it is important to retain the positive traits of my own personality shown by my natural ability to lead, friendly persona and positive attitude.
Inspire Mentoring (AIM), Aug 2012 – Present
- Mentor; self-started coaching and mentoring company where we provide external extra-curricular clubs for both primary and secondary schools. Primarily, we provide mentoring through sport ((concealed information) We work with children ranging from 8-16 years old.
- Specifically, we work with children in groups and one-to-one to improve on a range of social and personal skills through our specially designed workshops. Half of the session is delivered in the classroom and the other half is delivered outdoors.
- We also have the responsibility of being figures of support for all the children who take part in the sessions regarding issues in and out of the school environment.
- We also have a role in liaising with mental health professionals, educational psychotherapists, social workers, pastoral carer and the families of vulnerable young people
- Enhanced DBS checked and posses FA Coaching Level 1 in Football
The Charter School, June 2007 – July 2013
- Exam invigilator and member of support staff; supervising pupils taking their exams, sorting exam papers and other admin duties. Also, served as a member of staff on a school trip, responsible for years 8 & 9, to Amsterdam for an international football tournament.
- Have also assisted in the running of the KS3 football teams.
King’s College London University (Present)
- MSc in Neuroscience
The University of Sussex
- BSc in Neuroscience, 2:1 honours degree obtained
The Charter College
- 3 A Levels, 3 AS Levels
The Charter School
- 9 GCSE’s (A*-C), GNVQ in ICT
- Member of the University football team for my three years at university. Also, play at a semi-professional level, which has helped me develop team-work and discipline.
- Participated in a week-long management course that taught me the most important elements of being a leader run by Clemortan Consultancy. I was also selected as group leader to present on behalf of my group in front of university alumni. Resulted in my induction into the Institute of Leadership and Management.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|