My teaching method is always focused on adapting to my students' needs and aims to offer a secure grasp of basic concepts but to extend that knowledge further beyond the specification to enable them to think critically.
I do not believe that there is a specific way to teach everyone and instead adapt my resources and lessons to best accommodate my students' learning style (which can involve some interesting demonstrations!).
As a tutor, I aim to help my students fulfil their potential and then reach beyond, with all students I have worked with showing vast improvements in their results from when I started with them as well as confidence in learning and utilising their knowledge.
I am a medical student studying at the University of Cambridge who has been tutoring for the last 5 years. As someone who has studied at a grammar school and sixth form and has achieved 13 A*s at GCSE (including an A* with Distinction in Further Maths) and a further 3 A*s at A-Level (for Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics), receiving various awards for academic achievements along the way, I appreciate the importance of academia and want to continue tutoring younger students.
I have taught students of all ages from 10 - 16 in a variety of subjects ranging from 11+ preparation to KS3, GCSE and A Level Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and many more.
Many of my students have gone on to achieve A*s at GCSE and A-Level and others have gotten into the grammar schools of their choice.
11+ Student: £15 p/h
KS3 Student: £ 18 p/h
GCSE Student: £20 p/h
A-Level Student: £20 p/h
Cancellation Policy: I must be informed of any cancellations at least 24 hours before the lesson.
A hard-working, highly organised and adaptive medical student with an excellent educational record, various experiences of succeeding in vastly differing environments and a goal to have an extensive and positive impact in the work environment. A highly approachable individual who is able to manage time effectively and work under pressure in order to solve problems. Motivated by challenges to tackle as an individual or through leading or working in a team to achieve the best outcomes.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
10/2018 – Present
University of Cambridge
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1st Year Medical Student
09/2016 – 06/2018
Ilford County Grammar School Sixth Form
London, United Kingdom
AS Results: Economics (A) & Mathematics (A)
A Level Results: 3 A* in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
09/2011 – 06/2016
Ilford County Grammar School for Boys
London, United Kingdom
GCSEs: 12A* in English Language English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics. History, Computing, French, Music, Philosophy & Ethics, ICT and 1 A^ (A* with Distinction) in Further Mathematics
Nuffield Research Placement Student
London Institute of Medical Sciences – Imperial College London (London, United Kingdom)
• Undertook research project on epigenetic modifications
• Trained in basic molecular biology lab techniques and procedures
• Worked as part of a team in designing stages of the investigation
• Developed problem-solving approaches to be utilised in tackling scientific questions
• Produced a research-style report and journal article which has been published in the Young Scientists Journal
11/2016 – Present
ICHS Science Fair Founder & Project Manager
Ilford County Grammar School Sixth Form (London, United Kingdom)
• Organising annual Science Fairs for Ilford County High School, including the inaugural fair in 2017 and inter-schools fair in July 2018
• Co-ordinating marketing and logistics teams
• Leading Sixth Form volunteers in managing the event
• Liaising with other schools to grow the project with a view to a regional fair in 2019
11/2016 – 07/2017
Hatfield Close Sheltered Housing (London, United Kingdom)
• Teaching elderly individuals how to use certain devices • Working in a team with other teachers to produce learning pathways best suited for our students • Developing new lessons based upon feedback from students about their learning
09/2016 – 07/2017
Primary School Lesson Aid
Mossford Green Primary School (London, United Kingdom)
• Helping the teaching of maths and other subjects to primary school children maths and other subjects on a weekly basis
• Teaching individuals and helping them in focus areas
• Working with teachers to focus on meeting children’s needs in subjects/areas
06/2013 – Present
• Have been tutoring young children (KS3) for the 11+, SATs, Maths, English and Science
• Tutees in lower years have been tutored in a variety of GCSE and A-Level subjects as well as other KS3 subjects (if in Y9 or below)
• Leader and team member of widely commended ICHS Peer Tutors in supporting and mentoring struggling students in their studies
• Excel Achievement Gold Award Holder (for GCSE results)
• Harvard Book Award (for contributions to school and community)
• Outstanding Achievement Award (Bangladeshi High Commission) for GCSE results
• Jack Petchey Achievement Award for Services to Science in School (for organising the inaugural school Science Fair organisation& running the school Science Club)
• ICHS Achievement Award (for GCSE results)
• BA Language Flag Award (French & Spanish)
• 3rd Place – 3G Boss (please look above for further information)
• Bronze DofE Award (Duke of Edinburgh Award)
• Gold Award for UK Junior Mathematical Challenge - within top 10% nationally in UK Junior Maths Challenge (Institute and Faculty of Actuaries)
• Gold Award for UK Intermediate Mathematical Challenge
• Top 25% in the Beaver Computational Thinking Challenge (Oxford University)
• Two-time UK Chess Challenge Mega-Finalist (Delancey UK Schools)
• 3rd Place in Redbridge Schools’ Team Maths Challenge
• Certificate of Qualification for UK Intermediate Mathematical Olympiad & Kangaroo
• Silver Award for UK Senior Mathematical Challenge
• Junior Football Leaders Award
Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Coding: Python and a working knowledge of HTML & CSS
Languages: Working knowledge of French & Spanish
Sports: represented school and club at regional and county competitions playing for the cricket team. Also enjoy casual playing football, swimming, cycling and training in karate.
Culture: Performer (singing & recitation) at Udichi School of Performing Arts for the last 13 years. Thus have greater than decade’s experience in stage and TV performances, presentations and speeches.
Also have been an Army Cadet and enjoy playing chess.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, natural sciences lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£175||£180|