I approach all my teaching visually. I feel that I learn best when I can see/read the problem in front of me and therefore I have adopted this into my teaching style. I will use real world examples and simplify problems until the fundamentals are understood before moving on to complex questions.
I have a degree in Chemistry with a Minor in business. I graduated in with distinction in 2013 and have working within the chemistry industry for 4 years. I have experience tutoring high school students in Math and Science for the past few years back in Canada.
An additional £ 2 will be added to the hourly rate if I must travel more than 10 miles.
If a lesson is cancelled with less than 12 hours notice, half the price of the lesson will still be charged.
Sept. 2009 – Aug. 2013
University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia
B.Sc. Chemistry Major and Commerce Minor with Distinction
Sept. 2006 – Jun. 2009
Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School, Calgary, Alberta
Bilingual (English/French) High School Diploma with Honours
• Has the ability to communicate both written and verbally with all types of people in any situation
• Can exceed customers expectations in a positive and professional manor
• Is organized, accurate and efficient at all tasks while working independently or leading a team
• Ability to recognize and initiate standard work practices
• Can take initiative and stay on task in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Proficient at all components of Microsoft Office Suite
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) trained
• H2S Alive and Standard first Aid certified
Additional Information & Interests
• Fifteen years of involvement with the Girl Guides of Canada
• Volunteering, camping, travelling, fundraising, etc.
• Enjoys running, travelling & cooking
Fusion Technologies Inc., Calgary (Nov. 2017 – Sept. 2018)
• Prepared clear and organized procedural and training manuals to ensure employees are working effectively, efficiently and safely
• Responsible for training new hires, for both lab and field roles
• Directly interfaced with clients in regards to field and lab testing needs
• Accountable for all final reports and provided follow up support for technical questions from both operators and pumping companies
• Designed test matrices, prioritized and assigned projects to technical specialists dependant on each their unique skills and current workloads
• Team lead for all technical specialists by assigning, guiding and reviewing lab testing
• Taught full day training courses, which includes practical and presentation based components to ensure client’s field staff were equipped to deal with basic fluid problems
• Developed the company’s safety program, including all internal documentation and running bi-monthly safety meetings
Fusion Technologies Inc., Calgary (Sept. 2014 – Nov. 2017)
• Performed day to day lab testing on produced and fresh waters, oils, cuttings and proppants including crosslinked gel evaluations, oil compatibilities, and bacteria evaluations
• Regularly travelled to locations in Saskatchewan and Alberta to perform onsite quality control analyses on crosslinked, slick water, and foamed frac fluid systems
• Prepared and regularly updated SDSs and labels for all chemicals sold
• Excelled at writing both internal and external reports clearly conveying all testing results
• Proficient with a Brookfield PVS, Fann 35, Capillary suction timer, Ofite DV II and UV/Vis
University of Victoria, Victoria (Apr. 2013 – Aug. 2013)
Research Assistant, Inorganic Chemistry
• Collaborated with colleagues on challenging inorganic and organometallic catalytic projects for the University and private companies
• Prepared chemical samples to accurate concentrations for simple inorganic reactions aligned with EH&S standards
• Performed sampling on an ESI mass spectrometer including output analysis and spectrum interpretation
• Available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|