I am a recent college graduate from Pacific University who gives lessons to students in high school (or even middle school) wanting to better themselves as athletes to prepare for the next level.
We would discuss what your passions and goals are not just in sports but in life, then we would talk about what you want to focus on athletically (speed, skills, techniques, etc.); from there we would establish a routine depending on what the sport was (working on training techniques, weightlifting, plyometrics, endurance, technicalities, and also emotional stability).
I am extremely friendly and young so I can relate to many people, I also have experience working with diverse groups of people! I just like to have fun and play sports, those two things go hand in hang in my opinion!
I have not given professional lessons, but I have trained many high school athletes who personally knew me and asked for help. I have taught about 15 different students boys and girls! I emphasize that grades are more important and without good grades, there are no sports! So my students/mentees have maintain 3.0+ GPAs and many of them went on to play in college!
Depending on travel distance, rates will vary, not too much though.
AUG 2013 – JUNE 2017 PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
▪ Psychology major
▪ Exercise Science minor
▪ 3.0 GPA
▪ B.A. May 2017
COURSEWORK AND SKILLS RELEVANT TO JOB DESCRIPTION
Confidentiality, ethics, and use of protected information: FERPA (Confidentiality) Certification, NIH Human Subjects Research Certification, Office Aide.
Work with children and adolescents: Lifespan Developmental Psychology (importance of understanding cognitive, social, and emotional differences). Memory and Mind (understanding cognition and memory). Children and Violence (understanding the social, mental, and behavioral consequences of exposure to violence). Provided positive role modeling for adolescents.
Work with diverse groups: Psychology of Ethnic Diversity in the US (importance of cultural humility, culturally appropriate assessments, and communication methods with diverse clients). Writing about Disability (understanding the experiences of those with physical challenges and being able to sympathize with those individuals).
Physical activities, promotion of group work and cohesion: Perceptual Motor Learning (knowledgeable about body function and techniques for optimal performance); First Aid, Care and Prevention of Injuries (First Aid trained, knowledge about how to properly treat trauma and injuries); Nutrition (skilled on diet planning, knowledge about nutritional foods and vitamins); Human Movement;
Teaching, Mentoring and Coaching: Guiding and mentoring college students with coursework and experience in coaching adolescents and handling different emotional and cognitive processes. Coached elementary, middle school and high school level in football and basketball.
Qualifications/Skills: Accountable, highly organized and detail oriented with a strong ability to multitask, flexible; able to work independently, also able to work well with a team; excellent interpersonal (over the phone and in person) and written skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer/technology skills, strong mathematical statistics ability and analytical skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE RELEVANT TO JOB DESCRIPTION
June 2013-Aug 2013 Nike
June 2014-Aug 2014
• Processed and back-stocked footwear and apparel
• Lifted heavy objects and moved them to different locations
• Creative thinking to make job more efficient
• Communicated with customers about Nike products and athletic events
• Consistently maintain a daily schedule
• Customer service experience that provides consumers with anything they ask for.
May 2017- August 2017 Albertina Kerr
• Review confidential information about each child’s history, medication, counseling, crisis interventions and coping techniques.
• Cook and clean while alertness to kids’ safety
• Take kids to the park, theater, shopping, and other social activities
• De-escalate any aggressive or hostile situations
• Effectively communicate with children and establish a rapport with them and their parents (over the phone or in person) about developing positive and healthy relationships.
• Facillitate a conducive atmosphere to build social skills.
Sep. 2014-May 2017 Event Management
• Assigned specific duties to individuals
• Prepared and organized stadiums and arenas prior to game time
• Handled cash transactions and customer service
• Stadium security and crowd control
football lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest basketball lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, american football lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|