I like to teach using examples - but will tailor my lessons to how each individual learns best. It is always best to ensure that the individual is getting the most out of each lesson - therefore, I will encourage them to e-mail me feedback or pointers if they feel they are not being fully gauged within each lesson.
I have recently graduated with a first class master's degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Glasgow. I have been apart of tutoring classes within the university (teaching high levels maths) to other undergrad students whilst I continue with my PhD.
School level maths will be at the rate above.
For additional (i.e. advanced higher or university level) will be at extra cost.
I will only ask for travel costs if the journey is expensive.
A highly motivated and hardworking individual who has completed a Master’s degree as the top
Biomedical Engineering student at Glasgow University. I am seeking full time employment following
the end of my degree.
I am a mechanically and computationally minded student, with a methodical approach to working and
an eagerness to learn, allowing me to constantly attain new skills to thrive in a new environment.
Education and Qualifications
2013-2018: Glasgow University – Biomedical Engineering (MEng)
First Class Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering (BME).
o IMechE Undergraduate BME student of the year (2016)
o Glasgow University 4th year BME student of the year(2017).
o Best BME (5th year) graduating student(2018).
o Glasgow University Biomedical Engineering student prize winner (2018).
o Prince Phillip Prize Runner-up (2018).
o Lord Kelvin Adam Smith (LKAS) PhD scholarship (2018).
2007-2013 Stewarton Academy
• Obtained 6 Highers whilst attending this school including Maths, Physics, Chemistry,
Biology and English, and Advanced Higher Maths.
• Worked as a tutor in a Maths class when in my last year at school, as well as participating
in the school buddy programme.
• Part of the Senior Prefect Team (SPT) as a deputy head boy which meant meeting with
the head of school on a weekly basis to discuss relevant topics.
September 2009: Sports Development Assistant
• Good teamwork skills developed by creating training sessions with my colleagues.
• Good leadership qualities attained by taking control on training sessions as well as
participating in sports with young and disabled adults. In addition to this, initiative skills
are significantly improved.
• Also, this improved my planning and organizing skills by showing the ability to plan
activities and carry them through.
June 2015 – March 2017: The Original Factory Shop
• Communication skills by working with the public, involving the customer service aspects
of the job or just working at the till.
• Time management was another skill developed whilst working here, for there was only a
small team of 8 at this shop meaning tasks were completed fast and effectively.
• The ability to work independently once a certain task was delegated to me.
• Worked on the till daily, handling money as well as closing up (accounting) at the end of
June 2017 – December 2017: ITeM Research Institute
• Ability to perform under pressure and complete milestones on time.
• Ability to complete tasks on my own to the greater good of the entire research team.
September 2018 – Present: UofG PhD Student/Tutor
• Creative thinking to pursue ambitious research ideas.
• Ability to complete tasks on my own with weekly deadlines.
• Excellent time management to deal with high workloads.
• Experience teaching maths/programming to 2nd year engineering students.
Hobbies & Interests
• Having played football (amongst other sports) with clubs and friends from a young age,
has given me an interest in sporting activities and at the same time improved
communication and confidence levels.
• I am a very out-going individual, so I love travelling and exploring new places (mostly
on my feet).
• Built a PC which enhanced my computer skills from knowledge gained in school.
References are available on request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|