Teaching is an art. The methodology of teaching is varied based on the power of students. Oral, discussion, power point presentation will help the students to brighten their subject knowledge. We are having the power to enrich the students subject power through various methodology.
I am Captain Dr.S.Abideen , serving as Professor in zoology with 25 years of teaching and research experience in an established college. Teaching the biology subjects to academically average students is my strength. We are conducting effective motivational and subject based classes throughout Tamil Nadu to the various level of students for last 20 years.
Captain Dr. SAMSUDEEN ABIDEEN
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Associate Professor & Head
PG and Research Department of Zoology
Cell ; (concealed information) : (concealed information)
Mail : (concealed information)
II. JOB OBJECTIVES
A passionate researcher and academician seeking to occupy the position of Research
Assistant / Teaching faculty.
III. HIGH LIGHTS OF QUALIFICATION
Wide experience in assisting in research activities
Knowledge of research modelling programs
Profound knowledge of teaching methodologies
Skilled in teaching and motivating research students
Familiarity with research techniques
Ability to resolve academic and research issues
Ability to teach students with diverse backgrounds and needs
IV. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Associate Professor and Head
PG and Research Department of Zoology February 2001 – Present
Reviewed and revised course materials.
Supported research programs and maintained research agenda.
Developed teaching strategies to ensure quality learning for students.
Participated in campus wide meetings and educational committee.
Prepared grant proposals to obtain research funds.
Addressed educational needs of students with disabilities.
Involved students in class discussions, seminars .
V. RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Associate Professor and Head
PG and Research Department of Zoology March 2003 - Present
Developed research initiatives and supervised research teams.
Motivated students to achieve academic goals.
Monitored Student’s progress and provided feedbacks for improvements.
Maintained student’s grade and attendance records.
Contributed to educational academic publications and journals.
VI. ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
Associated NCC officer
TN 9BN NCC Karaikudi
June 2003 - May 2015
13 Years of Administrative experience as Associated NCC officer .
Secured Captain Rank from Indian Military in 13 years of NCC service
Motivated corps to attain physiological and psychological power
Contributed to Students community in involving Social service activities
VII. DATE OF BIRTH & AGE 05 – 05 – 1967 & 51
VIII. EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS
Degree Subject & Studied University Year of Passing Rank
Ph.D Zoology –(Marine Biology )
Manonmaniyam Sundranar University 2007 Highly Commented
B.Ed. Biological Science
Annamalai University 1994 II Class
Madras University 1992 I Class
Bharathidasan University 1990 I Class
M.A. Public Administration
Annamalai University 2004 I- Class
IX. FIELD OF RESEARCH : Marine Pharmaceutical & Nano biotechnology ,
Bio prospecting of marine Natural resources.
X. RESEARCH EXPERIENCE : 14 Years
XI. TECHNIQUES KNOWN :
Experimental Animal Handling & Pharmacology
Mice &Rat : Maintenance ,feeding, Surgery, Treatment.
Bio synthesis of Nanoparticles and characterization techniques .
Identification , Collection and preparation of seaweeds, seagrass and Mangroves for extract preparation
XII. TEACHING EXPERIENCE
17 Years of continuous teaching till date. Starting my career as Assistant professor, Department of Zoology. Consequent on the introduction of UGC scale of pay, the position was promoted as Associate professor on 02-02-2014. As per the seniority in the department attained the responsibility of HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT from 01-06-2015 to till date.
XIII. SUBJECTS HANDLING FOR UG & PG STUDENTS
1. Biotechnology 2. Genetics 3. Developmental Biology
4. Cell Biology, 5. Evolution , 6. Biology of Invertebrates
7. Environmental Biology 8. Chordates & Biostatistics and 9. Nanobiotechnology
XIV. TITLE OF M.Phil. and Ph.D. THESIS
1990 -1992 : Research project entitled “Study on tissue respiration in different
regions of Rallietina cesticillus” submitted to the Madras University for the
partial fulfillment of M.Phil., degree.
2002-2006 : Research work was carried out on Zoology -Marine Science for Ph.D
programme entiled “Studies on the in vitro Human sperm motility
inhibiting activity of Halophytes and in vivo toxicological evaluation
in albino mice”.
XV THESIS SUPERVISION / GUIDED FOR Ph.D., M.Phil,, SCHOLARS & M.Sc., STUDENTS
Ph.D 1 3 Nanobiotechnology 2014-2017
M.Phil 6 4 Nanobiotechnology 2012-2017
M.Sc (Project) 15 2 Nanobiotechnology 2012-2017
XVI. TITLE OF Ph.D. & M.Phil. SCHOLARS UNDER MY SUPERVISION- 2012-2017
S.No Name of the Scholar Degree Title of the Research Year
1 Mr.Vijaya Sankar Ph.D Studies on the in vitro human spermicidal activity of green synthesised silver nanoparticles and toxicological evaluation in male rat .
2 Mrs. Surya Ph.D Anti diabetic effects of biosynthesized gold nanoparticles using natural herbs on induced diabetic albino rats: An in vivo approach. 2016
3. Mrs. Jeya Janani Ph.D Studies on pesticidal efficacy of green synthesized nanoparticles using marine plants against infestation on grain storage pests.
4. Mr. K. Askar Ph.D Evaluation of Toxicity, repellency and effects of biosynthesized nanoparticles using mangrove plants on subterranean termites. 2016
5. Ms. V.N. Hameetha M.Phil Isolation and characterization of endosymbiotic Microflora from Indian termites. 2008
6. Mr. P. Arunachalam M.Phil Antifertility invitro studies of green synthesized silica nanoparticles using salt tolerant plants on human Spermatozoa. 2015
7. Mr. K. Kaliraj M.Phil Screening of termiticidal compounds from biosynthesized silver nano particles using Marine plants. 2015
8. Mr. A. Muniyasamy M.Phil Studies on biosynthesized silver nanoparticles from marine plants againts gut associated cellulolytic bacteria in Termites. 2015
9. Mr. G. Senthil M.Phil Pesticidal effect of biosynthesized Slica nanoparticles from seaweeds against Tribolium castaneum 2016
10. Mr. M. Vaikumar M.Phil Green synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using Marine halophytes and its inactivation of selected bacterial fish pathogens. 2016
XVI I. STATE / NATIONAL LEVEL /INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ORGANIZED AS
ORGANIZING SECRETARY WITH GOVERNMENT & PRIVATE FUNDING AGENCIES
S. No. Title No. of events Sponsors Position of PI Fund received in Rupees
1. State Level seminar
2 UGC Organizing Secretary 45,000
2 State Level seminar 1 UGC Organizing Secretary 90,000
3 Regional Seminar 5 Alumni Organizing Secretary 210000
4 National level seminar 1 UGC Organizing Secretary 130,000
5 International Conference 2 Alumni & Management Organizing Secretary 95000
XVIII. UGC REFRESHER COURSES/ORIENTATION COURSES & WORKSHOP
S.No COURSE &SUBJECT University Attended & Duration No. of Days Grade Awarded
1. Orientation Course BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE Madurai Kamarajar University - Madurai ,08,November 2005 – 05, December, 2005. 28
2. Refresher Course BIOINFORMATICS Bharathiar University - Coimbatore - 01-January, 2006, to 21- November, 2006. 22
3. Refresher Course
NANO SCIENCE Department of Nanotechnology Madras University, Chennai.
November, 2014. 22
XIX. VISITS ABROAD FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSE
Country Purpose Duration Own Expenses/ Funded by
Research article presented in International Conference 21.8.2006 24.8.2006 Own Fund
St.Petersperg Research article presented in International Conference 01-07-2010 03-07-2010 UGC (New Delhi)
U.S.A North Carolina Research article presented in International Conference 23-11-2013 26-11-2013 Own fund
Morocca Research article presented in International Conference 13-04-2015 16-04-2015 UGC (New Delhi)
XX. FUNDS RECEIVED FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS & TRAVEL GRANTS
S. No Sponsors Name
Project Name Project Title Amount Sanctioned in Rupees Period of the Project Year of Completion
Research Project “Preliminary screening of termiticidal compounds from marine halophytes” 95,000/- 2 Years 2008
“Screening and Production of Termiticidal compounds from sponge associated Antagonistic actinomycetes against Termites”
130000 2 Years 2012
Hyderabad Travel Grant Research article presentation in the International Conference on PHYTOPHARM-2010 1,110640 One Week 2010
Major Research Project
Screening of Marine Halophytes for pesticidal activity against Grain storage pests Tribolium castaneum and Sitophilius orizae. 13,65500 3 Years 2015
XXI. PAPERS PUBLISHED IN REPUTED JOURNALS WITH ISSN IN LAST FIVE YEARS
No. Complete list of authors Title of the paper Journal Name, Publisher, Country Vol. Number, Page Number, Year
1. S.Abideen , Vijasankar Pesticidal effect of Green Synthesized Silver and Lead Nanoparticles using Avicennia marina against grain storage pest Sitophilus Oryzae International Journal of Nanometerials and bisstructures 2015; 5(3):32-39
ISSN - 2277-3851
2. S.Abideen , Vijaya sankar In vitro screening of Antidiabetic and Antimicrobial Activity against Green synthesized AgNPs using Seaweeds Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology S6-001.dol;10.4172/ 2157-7439.S-0016
3. S.Abideen , Babu Selvam et al., Bioactivity of Avicennia marina and Rhizophora mucronata for the Management of Diabetes mellitus Word Journal of Pharmaceutial Research Volume 3,Issue 1, 311-318
ISSN – 2277 -7105
4. Abideen , Babu Selvam
et al., Invitro antiplasmodial activity of Seaweed associated Actinomycets against Plasmodium falciparum World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharma -ceutical Science Volume 3 , Issue 1 , 712 -720
ISSN – 2278-4375
5. S.Abideen , Uthirai selvam
et al., Effect of multible inoculation of mag netotactic bacteria along with nitrogen fixers of agriculture crop Oryza Sativa
Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research 2012. 2 (5); 758 -765
ISSN – 2231-3168
6. S.Abideen , Babu selvam et al Screenig of antibacterial activity of Mangrove plant extracts against Fish and Shrimp Pathogens International Journal of Applied microbiology Science 2012; 1(3): 20-25.
ISSN – 2277 -6079
7. S.Abideen , S.Ravi kumar
et al., Invitro human sperm immobilizing activity of marine halophytes. Journal of Pharmacy Research . Volume.4. Issue 4. April 2014;
8. S. Abideen and M. Babuselvam,
et al., Antagonistic Activity Of Lysinibacillus Fusiformis N 139 Strain Isolated From Marine Fish Triacanthus Strigilifer And Genome Sequence International J. of Current micro biology And Applied Sciences.
Volume 3 Number 4 (2014) Pp. 1066-1072
ISSN – 2319-7706
9. S. Abideen,
Evaluation of anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect on the extracts of different parts of Excoecaria agallocha Journal of Applied Pharma ceutical Science Vol.2 (9) . pp 108-112 . Sep.2012.
ISSN – 2231-3354
10. 100 S. Abideen,
SundaramRavikumar, Syed ali and M.Babuselvam In vitro human sperm immobilizing activity of marine halophytes Journal of Pharmacy Research 4(4),
2011- ISSN- 0974-6943
11. S. Abideen S. Ravikumar, S. Nazar, et al.,
Antibacterial activity of traditional therapeutic coastal medicinal plants
against some pathogens. Journal of Environmental Biology 26(2), 383-386, 2005. ISSN – 0254- 8704
12. S.Abideen, M.Uthiraselvam , S.Ravikumar
M.Babu Selvam1 et al., Effect of multiple inoculation of magnetotactic bacteria on along with nitrogen fixers and yield of agriculture crop Oryza Sativa Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research 2012, 2 (5):758-765
ISSN – 2231-3168
13. S.Abideen , M. Babuselvam, S. Ravikumar, et al. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects on the extracts of different parts of Exoecaria agallocha L. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 2 (9), pp. 108-112, September, 2012
ISSN – 2231-3354
14. S.Abideen Babuselvam M , K A Mohamed Farook et al., Screening Of Antibacterial Activity Of Mangrove Plant Extracts Against Fish And Shrimp Pathogens. International Journal of Applied Microbiology Science 2012; 1(3): 20-25.
ISSN – 2277 -6079
15. S.Abideen, M. Babuselvam, S. Ravikumar , M. Peer Mohamed et al . In Vitro Antiplasmodial Activity Of Seaweed Associated Actinomycetes Against Plasmodium Falciparum World Journal 0f Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Volume 3, Issue 1, 712-720.
ISSN ; 2278 -4357
16. M. Babuselvam, S. Abideen, T.Guna sekaran, et al.,
Bioactivity Of Avicennia Marina And Rhizophora Mucronata for the Management of Diabetes Mellitus World Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences V, Volume 3, Issue 1, 311-318 ISSN ;2277-7105, 3S11-318
XXII. PARTICIPATION / PRESENTATION OF CONFERENCE/ SEMINAR
S. No Name of the event Participation Paper Presentation
1. International Conference 3 6
2. National Conference `15 8
3. Regional Conference 8 12
4. State level Seminar 2 6
5. Work shop & Training Programme 5 -
6. Guest lectures in Colleges 2 25
7. Guest lectures in Schools 10 110
8. Chief Guest in Academic Functions 3 26
9. TV / Radio Presentation - 15
XXIII. PUBLICATIONS OF PROCEEDINGS
S.No Name of the
Seminar Name of
the Author Year of
Conservation and Utilization of bioresources for Rural development Dr. S. Abideen
Dr. S. Ravikumar
2 Applications Nanoscience in current Agricultural Practices Dr. S. Abideen
Dr. S. Ravikumar 2012
3 Bioprospecting of Natural Resources for human health. Dr. S. Abideen
Dr.M.Babuselvam 2014 217
4 Dr.APJ. Abdul Kalam and Science - Vol. I Tamil Dr. S. Abideen
Dr. M. Ibrahim 20015 415
5 Dr.APJ. Abdul Kalam and Science - Vol. II Tamil Dr. S. Abideen
Dr. M. Ibrahim 2015 480
XXIV. ACADEMIC / RESEARCH HONOURS
Member board of Studies , UG Department of Zoology , Curriculum setter , Alagappa University ,Karaikudi.
Member board of studies , Post Graduate Department of Microbiology , TBAK College of women Autonomous , Keelakarai , Alagappa University .
Member board of studies , Under Graduate Department of Microbiology , TBAK College of women Autonomous , Keelakarai , Alagappa University.
Editor in chief of International journal of Zakir
Received ‘Best Technical paper’ in the international conference in Algappa University , Karaikudi , conference
Received Three Times Centum Result award from College management
Received Best Teacher Award – 2013 , from college Management
Received Best Social Worker award for the Year 2013 ,2014 from International Lions Club , 324 B district.
XXV. PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Secretary , Alumi Association Dr.Zakir Husain College, (2009 – 2014 )
President , Ilayangudi City Lions club ,2010
Secretary , Ilayangudi City Lions Club 2017
Trustee . TIME Trust , Ilayangudi
Member , United Muslim Welfare Association , Chennai
XVI. PUBLICATIONS OF SUBJECT BOOKS FOR STUDENTS
Name of the
Emergency and Medical lab skills
Dr. S. Abideen
Effective and Executive skills
Dr. S. Abideen
Dr. S. Ravikumar
XVII. PUBLICATIONS OF SOCIAL AWARENESS BOOKS
Name of the
Name of the Author
1 HELLO – 2001 Dr. S. Abideen February
2000 Thivan Publications
2 What where and
How can Study? Dr. S. Abideen March
2004 Alumni Association.
Dr.Zakir Husain college
3 ADAM BRIDGE ?...
RAMAR BRIDGE? Dr. S. Abideen March
2006 Keetru Publication
4 PATCHAI RATHAM Dr. S. Abideen February
5 COMPETITIVE EXAMS SPECIAL GUIDE. Dr. S. Abideen July
2008 Malligai Publication
6 KALVI MALAR Dr. S. Abideen March,2011 Time Trust 224
XVIII. NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF REFERENCES
Name & Address
Name & Address
Professor K. Kathiresan
CAS in Marine Biology
Parangipettai, South Arcot District
Phone: (concealed information)
Email: : (concealed information)
Dr. N. Thajuddin
Associate Professor and Head, Dept of Microbiology
National Facility for Marine Cyanobacteria
Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620 0245.
Email: (concealed information)
DATE : November 15th ,2018.
Place : Ilayangudi Signature
Captain Dr. S. ABIDEEN
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£49|