I utilize three primary techniques to help simplify complex subjects:
1] Top-down teaching: I don't dive right into the details. I start with the big picture so you have context for everything you learn.
2] Visual: When possible, I try to explain a subject visually, as most students are visual learners.
3] Analogy: When possible, I try to explain complex subject using analogies, so you can use what you already know to learn something new.
I have a bachelors and a masters degree in electrical engineering and an MBA in finance. I am currently an engineer and professional writer, but in the past I was a professional tutor and trainer. I provided one-on-one tutoring in the following subjects:
In addition, I also taught an SAT math prep course to classes as large as 30 students.
I'm very patient.
I make complex math and science easy to understand.
Published author and accomplished technical writer who creates simple, compelling, customer-centric content. I collaborate and work well with SMEs and business partners. I can juggle multiple projects on a tight timeline. I enjoy proofreading, editing and perfecting documents, as well as conducting independent research. I have deep technical knowledge on many subjects as I am an engineer by training.
• Whitepapers & research reports
• User & configuration guides
• ITIL documentation
• SDKs & APIs
• Regulatory applications
• Strategic plans
• Physical security
• Application development
Weisman Consulting, LLC, Austin, TX, • May 2018 – Present
Principal Consultant & Founder
For my clients, I simplify their complicated technology; help them communicate well to both their technical and non-technical audiences; convert their data into a narrative; and help them win proposals and win over their market.
• Wrote multiple proposals for SRS (NY, NY), an IT services company
• Authored a whitepaper for VFS, Inc. (Orange, CA)
• Wrote proposals to Sandia National Laboratories and Sacramento Municipal Utility District
• Developed two business continuity plans for CreditShop, Inc. (Austin, TX)
• Created twelve work instructions for CreditShop, Inc. (Austin, TX)
GREY SWAN MARKETS, Austin, TX, • April 2017 – May 2018
Technical Writer and Systems Engineer
Grey Swan Markets, Inc. is a digital marketplace for the transfer of real estate exposure, designed from the ground up to meet the unique requirements of banks, family offices, real estate developers and hedge funds.
• Authored 70 of 85 documents required for the regulatory application to the CFTC
• Co-authored the company’s first patent
• Developed over 700 requirements, defining the company's proprietary software application
NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION, Austin, TX • March 2007 – April 2017
Systems Engineer & Technical Author
As systems engineer at this Fortune 500 technology leader I was responsible for integrating and testing large-scale physical security systems. Additionally I have supported the full range of technical documentation and proposal writing on a variety of programs.
• Used MadCap's content management tool Flare to help create the group's first ever online help documentation of its enterprise software product
• Authored over 50 technical documents, in support of a new data center, including processes, procedures, run books, work instructions and quick guides
• Developed configuration guides, test procedures and training materials for systems on the Navy's next generation tactical afloat network
• Produced 22 configuration guides under a tight deadline to avoid $1 million in liquidated damages
5G WIRELESS SOLUTIONS INC., Marina Del Rey, CA • May 2004 – March 2007
As senior engineer at this small manufacturer of long-range wireless networking equipment, in addition to my responsibilities for systems integration, I was also tasked with creating marketing materials; writing whitepapers; and submitting articles to industry trade journals.
• Wrote six whitepapers explaining the company's technology while highlighting its competitive advantage
• Wrote articles that were published in industry journals including Broadband Wireless Business, WiFi Planet, LA Business Journal and Law Enforcement Technology
• Spoke at several industry trade shows including Broadband Wireless World Conference, Acuta Regional Workshop and GCN's Wireless Solutions Conference
MBA, Loyola Marymount University, Finance
MSEE, University of Southern California
BSEE, Pennsylvania State University
The Intelligent Home Seller (KDR) 2015
Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last (BookSurge) 2009
So Why Have You Never Been Married (New Horizon Press) 2008
The Essential Guide to RF and Wireless – Second Edition (Prentice-Hall) 2002
algebra lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|