When I teach an entire class, I tend to keep everyone equally involved in everything we do in class, keeping track of what they know and what they don't so that I could tackle these issues with them later on. I tend to give students some 1-on-1 time after class to answer their specific questions because I feel like a lot of people would prefer asking questions with the professor on his own. Moreover, I try my best to keep the class lively by giving vibrant examples and making them feel comfortable in their classroom. I go over too many examples but still have enough time to deliver the lesson with enough accuracy to get them going.
I spent last summer teaching an SAT Math Class 4 days a week by practicing problems and solving drills together. I engage a lot with my students and allow them to practice and make mistakes before I jump in to help. Most of my students who previously had no exposure to SAT Math Problems ended up having scores ranging from 760/800 to 800/800 on the math section. In addition, I volunteered as a math tutor back in high school where I applied the same techniques to help struggling students find out what their problem is. Similarly, my process and train of thought seemed to help them higher their grade.
Piano/Guitar/Music Tutor (Part time Paid Work) (01 JUN 2014 - PRESENT)
I've been working for the past 3 years as a part-time piano tutor, teaching children and adults between the ages of 8 and 25 all the concepts related to piano-playing, solfeggio, theory of music, and harmony concepts. I've also recently started teaching guitar as well.
Teaching , Explaining , Guiding , Helping , Inspiring and Motivating , Mentoring Support
Support Group/Tutor (Internship) (01 JUN 2016 - PRESENT)
Over the past year, I've been interning at The Lebanese Child Home Association (AFEL) in Sin el Fil, Lebanon. This non-governmental organization was founded in 1976 at the beginning of the war in Lebanon. Its purpose is to serve orphaned children or social cases and their families. AFEL is a lay, non-political and non-confessional organization.
SAT Tutor (Unpaid Work Experience) (01 JUN 2016 - PRESENT)
As part of the EducationUSA Lebanon mission, I've been assisting students in the Competitive College Club higher their SAT scores by working and tutoring them individually and in groups.
Competitive College Club Intern (Internship) (01 JUN 2016 - PRESENT)
During the past couple of years, I was part of the Diana Kamal Scholarship Fund Organization in AMIDEAST Lebanon. Now, I'm advising the next generation of students looking to continue their studies in the United States in everything from College Search, SAT, SAT 2, TOEFL, Presentation Skills, Diplomacy Skills, Essay Writing, and much more.
INTERESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
Music: Piano Student at the Lebanese National Conservatory of Music (LNCM), (October 2007 – Present): • Completed 9 successful years of piano study at the LNCM; • Completed 3 Solfeggio courses • Completed 3 Theory of Music Courses • Completed 2 History of Music Courses. Drama Club at Saint Joseph School (October 2014 – June 2015): • Pianist in the SJS play “Love Never Dies”, the sequel of “The Phantom of the Opera” • Head of the Musical Ensemble which joined 7 different musicians • Successfully performed the play 10 times in a 2-week span • Pianist in the SJS play "Grease" and head of the Musical Ensemble.
Scouts Member in Group Saint Joseph, Cornet Chehwan (October 2007 – Present): • 3 years Louvetaux member with Meute Bagheera (2007-2010); • 5 years Pioneer Scouts member with Troupe Carré (2010- 2015); • 2 years (and ongoing) Rover member with SJS Clan (Equipe Chêne) (October 2015 till present); • Received the Totem: Ambitious Lynx (August 2015).
Sports: • Basketball Player at Cap Sur Ville Country Club (From 2010 till present) • Swimming Team at Cap Sur Ville Country Club (From 2008 till present) • Participant in the Good Will Games Running competition (100m, 200m)
SJS Language Project 2014-2015: o Project all over Lebanon (Founded EarthWatch, an organization that helps keep Lebanon clean); o Contacts and Interviews with many Lebanese organizations such as: Cedars Forever (SEED), Arab Forum for Environment and Development (AFED) Secretary General Najib Saab, Jouzour Loubnan Organization, Green Line Association.
• GC LAU Model Arab League Honorable Mention Award (Representing Oman) (2014- 2015)
• SJS Student Council 2014-15 (Media Committee)
• SJS Leadership Summit 2014-15 (Naas, Bikfaya)
• GC LAU Model United Nations Secretary General Award (Representing Canada) (2015-2016)
• SJS Dimensions Team (Archiving Team) (May 2015 till present)
• SJS Physics Robotics Team 2nd place winner (2015-2016) at the Lebanese American University
• SJS Chemistry Magic Trick Team 1st place winner (2015-2016) at the Lebanese American University
• SJS Science Fair 2013-14: 1st place winner (Catalytic Converter)
• Awarded the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF) The Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF) was developed in memory of Senior Vice President Diana Kamal who passed away after 28 years of distinguished service at AMIDEAST. In recognition of her dedication to international educational exchange, this fund identifies talented young Arab students and matches them with scholarship opportunities at U.S. colleges and universities. The Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF) is designed to help academically gifted and well rounded undergraduate students from underprivileged backgrounds to gain admittance and secure financial aid to attend a college or university in the United States.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£11||Not available||£11|
|5 hours||£52||Not available||£56|
|10 hours||£97||Not available||£112|