I base my classes on topics that students are struggling with, so that we can consolidate the content. Then I move onto doing questions in the lesson, as this is the only way to check understanding of the material covered. I understand that different exam boards require different styles of teaching. Therefore, I make sure, to change the style in which i teach accordingly.
I am a Material Science and engineering Student. I have tutored for the past 5 years and helped people with their ability to understand the questions that they are given in exam papers. Having recently done these exams, I know what is required to score the marks. I completed A levels in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics, so I am well versed with these subjects up to A Level standard.
I am an engineering student that is keen in project management. Having worked as a leader at Girls Brigade and with a team of engineers at the fluid mechanics department of BMT, I understand that I am a good team player and problem solver; knowing when to take the right decisions that affect a problem.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University of Birmingham- Material Science and Engineering MEng (2018-Present)
Watford Grammar School for Girls. (2016- present)
• Maths- A
• Further Maths- A
Park High School (2011-2016)
• English Literature- A
• English Language- A*
• Maths- A*
• Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology)- A
• Philosophy and Ethics-A
• Geography- A
• Free Standing Maths Qualification (Additional Mathematics)- A
• Volunteering at First Stanmore Girls Brigade – Sept 2014 to Sept 2018 (Fridays, term time only.) Working with children ranging from ages 4 to 10, allowed me to understand the value of catering to specific audiences as well as knowing the value of being able to take good decisions within a small amount of time as they can have recurring effects to multiple groups of people.
• Work Experience at BMT Group Limited- 6th July to 17th ~July 2015 and 18th July to 29th July 2016 and 15th August to 22nd August 2016 and 22nd August to 3rd September 2017. I worked in different departments, ranging from marketing, HR Accounting and Finance, and finally in the Fluid Mechanics department, where I worked on software such as CAD to create images of different plumes and add see what the effects such as changing the wind direction would do. I learnt the basics of the software and understood that many variables could be simulated on this software.
• Young Leader- The Stanmore Girls Brigade- Advanced Level
• Black Belt in Karate- 2015
• LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts) Grade 7- 2017
• Indian vocals Diploma- 2017
• ASA Level 9 swimming- 2016
• Piano grade 6 ABRSM- 2017
• Duke of Edinburgh- Bronze.
• NCS- Autumn 2016
• Arts Award Bronze- Year 9
• Literacy Leader- Year 10
• Sports Leader- Year 11
• FCSE Spanish- Year 9
• Buddy during- Year 9
• Prefect- Year 9
• Head Prefect - Year 10 and 11 at Park High School
• IT Skills: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer, Python, MATLAB, CAD.
• Well-developed analytical and numerical ability, though doing UKMT challenges outside of my academic studies during school
• Excellent Communication skills, though achieving distinction in my LAMDA public speaking exams grade 8.
School: Choir, Dance
Hobbies: Speech and Drama, Swimming, Indian vocals, Karate and Piano.
References available on request
Perfect! Gives homework and conducts retrieval practice to check learning.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|