I believe the methodology of teaching should be to focus on the student and not on the teacher; as such I follow the PEE methodology of teaching as derived from English classes in order to develop a student's understanding as well as their knowledge: Point, Evidence and Explain.
I am a Creative Writing student and self-employed local history journalist who has volunteered previously past time to educate children aged 10-12. Approx. 7 Students have gone on to learn advanced skills of the field.
I also am an avid writer who does writing as a hobby also and as such am very passionate about the subject.
Depending on the distance traveled if online tutor sessions are not available, this price may rise.
• Efficacious Communicator: Experience with conversing with members of the public in professional situations
• Confident Socializer: Background in the performing arts to large crowds of 100+
• Ample Experience with Computers: A background in Information Technology and an ability to diagnose problems with intranet or bios related issues
• Experience with Time Management: Currently in a course that demands constant time management in order to balance work and social.
VOLUNTEER TEACHER; SHEERNESS LIBRARY (Kent)
• Led a small group of students to excel at HTML and C++. Position required communicating with adolescents and controlling flow of conversations towards a productive environment.
• Helped establish customer relationship strategies with the parents of the students. Acquired a Disclosure and Barring Service certificate during the time at this position
Currently: BA CREATIVE WRITING & GAME DESIGN DEGREE (NCTJ ACCREDITED), BRUNEL UNIVERSITY
• Modules: Creative Writing Practice, Introduction to Writing Fiction, Introduction to Writing Drama, Introduction to Writing Poetry.
• Studying develops time management skills such as self-motivation towards coursework and assignments and tight deadlines at university require determination.
• A-Level: Extended Project (A*), Film Studies (B), English Literature (B), History (C)
• GCSE: A*-B Grades including English Language (A*), English Literature (A), Maths (B)
PAST EXPERIENCE IN THE LITERARY FIELD
• Ran a personal blog on the history of local community of home town (link in bio)
• Have written for many school newspapers and published numerous volumes
• Passionate about writing and practice creatively daily. Currently writing a book based upon previous literary works such as H.G. Wells' War Of The Worlds and H.P. Lovecraft's Call of Cthulu
A peer of mine. Passionate about his subject and sharing it with others, very patient, definitely recommended.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£11||£11|