I am enthusiastic, driven and organised with a passion for helping children develop. I am patient and always use creative methods to engage with my students in order to make learning fun. My communication skills are always clear and concise and I take the time to inform parents of their child's progress and any concerns I may have after every session.
I have nearly 5 years of experience tutoring children aged 4-16 in Maths and English. I have a strong knowledge of what national curriculum entails. I am experienced in the preparation for the: Year 1 phonics test, Year 2 SATs, 11+ exams, Year 6 SATs and English Language and Literature GCSE's. I have also received sensitivity training in working with children who have learning difficulties and are on the autistic spectrum.
£30 for KS1
£35 for KS2 and KS3
£40 for 11+
Private Tutor, 09/16 to Current
• I independently prepare all the material for my lessons.
• I continuously monitor and assess student performance.
• I identify and select appropriate resources to meet the diverse needs of all my students and integrate said worksheets to vary lessons and consolidate concepts according to the National Curriculum.
• I provide feedback to my students with positive reinforcements to increase their self-confidence and motivation.
Childminder, 10/2019 to Current
Village Road Sitters and Harmony at Home
• Always maintained a safe environment and consulted with families to discuss activities and behaviours of each child.
• Reviewed and followed parent directions for all aspects of children's care.
• Prepared healthy snacks and meals according to individual needs.
• Devised activities that helped children develop physically and mentally.
• Observed children to proactively identify issues with emotional or physical development and worked with parents and to address concerns.
• Used positive reinforcement techniques to promote patience and other good behaviours in children.
• Set and enforced rules to maintain children's safety and created welcoming, caring environments for all children.
• Instructed children in crafts and other activities to promote gross and fine motor skills, including creating paintings, drawings, paper crafts and decorations.
Tutor, 03/2019 to 06/20
inTuition Clubs - London
• Similar to my previous role as a tutor, I independently prepared all the material for my lessons.
• Working with children who have learning difficulties, I have received sensitivity training in order to teach them effectively.
• Updated required logs and student documentation.
• Helped students prepare for routine and standardised tests, including Year 2 and Year 6 SATs.
• Regularly assessed the children’s work and communicate with parents about their child’s progress
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£45||£35|