I use a combination of teaching new materials and also examination practice. I work around the needs of the students and also follow a curriculum outline. I have taught all of the main examination boards Edexcel, AQA and OCR Science.
As a tutor that can teach both maths and science, I am able to integrate learning from both disciplines.
I have taught science and maths for over 30 years in a number of secondary and primary schools, based in London. I teach from KS2 students to GCSE Students. My students make exceeding progress at KS2 and the high grades at GCSE. I work also with students who lack confidence in their ability.
Rates may change for multiple lessons or for different levels of work.
24 hour cancellation policy in place, unless lesson cancelled due to an emergency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2011 - 2014 MA Education Degree (Middlesex University) Pass with Distinction.
2011 – 2012 National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) National College.
1983 – 1987 BSc Applied Biology North East London Polytechnic Pass 2ii
1987- 1988 Post Graduate Certificate of Education PGCE, London University
Expert Senior Leader, (Education), Strategy and Leadership Coach and Trainer
Versatile, results driven professional with 25+ years of experience developing and delivering strategies to enhance learning of both students and staff; improvement of processes; middle, senior and student leadership; individual and team support using coaching skills; delivery of CPD training from NQT’s to senior leaders. Proven problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to adapt to trends both within the education sector and beyond.
THE JOHN LOUGHBOROUGH SCHOOL, London 2009-2013
Sole Deputy Headteacher
• Day to Day management of the school following a successful completion of my National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson (EGA) School.
• Worked alongside school improvement partners with the following areas of responsibility, strategy, assessment, intervention, timetabling, curriculum and the personal development of new and current staff both within the teaching and non-teaching; initiator of improving the educational environment during our BSF programme; Health and Safety Coordinator. The support I was a part of allowed me to collaborate with, challenge and support staff, students and governors.
• Have lead on several initiatives to improve attainment and progress within the school which became the basis of my MA studies as a research practitioner – one of which included focus group discussions and training of students in leadership skills. This research was then written in a book.
Other Teaching Experiences, London schools
• Implementing strategies to enhance learning conversations with key stakeholders – staff, parents, governors and students. - Assistant Headteacher (John Loughborough School)
• Acting Head of Science - Acting Head of Science (Chafford School, Rainham).
• Head of Year and Student Progress Director, Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Chafford School, Rainham).
• KS3 and KS4 Biology Co-ordinator, Health & Safety Co-ordinator (King Solomon High School).
• Biology and Chemistry Teacher, (Seven Kings High School).
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|