I believe that everyone has their own unique style of learning. Therefore, my style of teaching is highly individual: I seek to understand how my pupils think and tailor my methodologies to account for their distinctive needs. I always combine this personalised approach with a positive and encouraging style.
I am a post-graduate student at the University of Oxford with a first class degree in History. I have experience delivering over 50 hours of GCSE English Literature and Language tuition to a range of students. All my former tutees have gained 'A' grades in their final exams. In addition, I was a top-performing student at a leading UK grammar school, so can offer high-quality guidance on 11+ entrance exams too.
2019-2020 MSt in Global and Imperial History, St Cross College, University of Oxford
- Final grade: Distinction (74% average).
- Awarded the BAME Studentship in the Humanities, a highly competitive academic scholarship awarded to just 3 postgraduate students a year.
- Recipient of the Beit Prize for Imperial History, which was awarded in recognition of the outstanding quality of my master’s dissertation.
2016-2019 BA Hons History, Merton College, University of Oxford
- Final grade: 1:1 (70% average).
- Winner of the Merton College Undergraduate Essay Prize, with my work adjudged the best of over 40 entries.
2009-2016 Langley Grammar School, Berkshire
- A Levels: History A*, English A*, Economics A*.
- GCSEs: 13 A*s and 1 A, including A*s in English and Maths. I received the most A* grades in my GCSEs amongst a cohort of 150 students.
2015-2016 Private Tutor (eight months)
- Constructed personalised development plans for two GCSE students, addressing their areas for development in English Literature and English Language.
- Produced engaging homework tasks, created in-lesson exercises, and delivered targeted feedback. Both students attained ‘A’ grades in their final examinations.
Perfect! Jack is an excellent tutor. Really good at explaining the rationale behind why things are done!
Juj is an engaged, self-reflective, and diligent student. Our first lesson was an unqualified success and I have little doubt that our future sessions will help him to further improve his writing style and structure.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£9||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£9||£100|