I start by laying out my teaching method, the course work and the goals for the students. I then assess the students' abilities by giving them simple problems to solve. Based on these results, I then give each student different assignments containing concepts to acquire, and further problems to solve. I give out regular homework assignments and work with each student to try to understand how they can progress on the fields they struggle with more.
I am currently finishing my PhD at Glasgow Caledonian University. I have recently moved to Leeds to work in a temporary position in tech innovation. I am looking for tutoring opportunities to gain valid work experience during the final months of my PhD.
I have 7 years experience in tutoring in Maths, Physics and Chemistry on a one-on-one basis as well as 1st and 2nd year University classes.
• PhD student at Glasgow Caledonian University in partnership with the University of Glasgow: “Study of dipolar SERS structures for environmental sensing” (final year)
• Master’s in Engineering Physics at Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa: “Modelling the heating of cells by laser radiation, application to drug delivery systems” – 2011
• Erasmus Intensive Program on “Engineering and characterization of nanostructures by photon, ion beam, and nuclear methods” at the University of Leuven, Belgium – 2010
• Bachelor in Physics at Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa – 2007
• Innovation engineer at undisclosed company, 2017 - 2018
• Tutoring, lab demonstration and marking in mathematics, physics and chemistry at Glasgow Caledonian University, 2013 – 2016
• Fund raising, charity retail and promotion, Movimento ao Serviço da Vida, 2010 – 2012
• Private tutoring on mathematics, physics and chemistry for high school and undergrad students, 2008 – 2016
• Research internship at the Instituto Nacional de Engenharia, Tecnologia e Inovação: “Modelling of heat conduction in a cell by laser radiation” – March to September 2008
• Research internship at Instituto Nacional de Engenharia, Tecnologia e Inovação: “Light detection using two photon absorption in a LED device” – March to September 2007
• Expert IT skills, namely Microsoft Windows and Office
Hobbies and extracurricular Activities
• Teaching European folk dancing at GlasBal, 2014 – 2016
• Volunteer work on a nursing home, 2010 – 2012
• Graded 5th Kyu in Iwama Traditional Aikido by the Associação Portuguesa de Aiki-Shuren Dojo
• Portuguese – Maternal language
• English – 11 years of learning, excellent reading, oral understanding, conversation and writing abilities. IELTS certificate with (8.0 score). Has lived in an English-speaking country (UK) for five years
• French – 3 years of learning, excellent reading, oral understanding and conversation abilities, good writing abilities
• Spanish – Basic user
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|