I base my teaching on the needs of my students. The first lesson is always an open conversation about what aspects they would like to improve. In order to make lessons more engaging I tie grammar, vocabulary and spelling exercises to other fields they are passionate about!
Bonjour! My name is Yohan, I am 23 years old and I currently reside in London. My mother is American and my father is French. I lived in Paris the majority of my life. In 2019 I graduated from the University of Sussex with a bachelors in International Relations. I am here to prepare students for their exams, so they can take them with confidence!
Yohan de Ricard
2015 - 2019 University of Sussex (Brighton, United Kingdom) BA (Honours) International Relations and Development (2:1)
Key Modules included:
• Research Skills in Development
• International Political Economy
• Development and the State
• Security and Insecurity in International Relations
2012 - 2015 Lycée Massillon (Paris, France)
French Baccalaureate with a specialisation in Economics
MUSIC RELATED EXPERIENCE
November 2019 - Present: Co-Founder of DIY Record Label: Dancing Family Records (London, United Kingdom
• Fundraising for the launch of the label using GoFundMe and organising live music shows.
• A&R: Recruiting artists for releases on the label. Genres vary from Neo Soul, Hip-Hop and Jazz-Funk.
• Co-ordinating releases using Horus Music.
• Managing finances: allocating budgets for various releases (Recording, Artwork, Promotion)
March 2020 - Present: Volunteer Show Producer: Soho Radio (London, United Kingdom)
• Monitoring sound volumes for show presenters and guests.
• Ensuring swift transitions between shows.
• Editing past shows using Audition, and uploading them to Mixcloud.
September 2017 - May 2019: Radio Host and Music Blogger: Worldly Rhythms (Brighton, United Kingdom)
• I founded a radio program on the University of Sussex’ radio with a focus on global independent music.
• Every week, I dedicated an hour show to a specific country and genre.
• Create articles on WordPress in regards to new music releases, artists, past radio shows etc.
• Created original content on the show’s Facebook page in order to promote the show: digital designs, videos, as
well as sharing the recorded shows and blog posts.
• Developed skills in communications, a passion for music, audio editing using audacity and the use of studio
SALES AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIPS
May 2018 - August 2018: Sales and Communications Internship: Rentavilla.com (Paris, France)
• Replied to an extensive number of phone calls and emails on a daily basis with property owners, and customers. Communicating in French or English when necessary.
• Answered questions in regards to holiday bookings, costs of rentals and general inquiries about the rental properties.
• I was in charge of posting creative content on the company’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
• Wrote travel blog entries using Joomla.
• Developed skills in customer relations, organisational skills and creative content creation.
June 2017 - July 2017: Communications and Research Internship: Mouvement de la Paix (Paris, France)
• Researched and drafted Blog posts on current Global Affairs using WordPress.
• In charge of promoting an independent movie, by fundraising money to organise film screenings around
• Developed skills in writing and project management.
HOSPITALILTY WORK EXPERIENCE
August 2019 - Present: Waiter: Shawarma Bar (Exmouth Market, London, United Kingdom)
• Undertook tasks such as taking food orders, managing the waitlist, and clearing tables.
• Worked quickly and efficiently in a very busy and popular restaurant.
September 2018 - August 2019: Temporary Caterer: FPR Group (Brighton, United Kingdom)
• Cash register at kiosks during football matches.
• Waiter for Weddings, Conferences and Special Events.
• Communicated with my co-workers and clients effectively in a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES AND IT SKILLS Languages
• Fluent in English and French
• Intermediate level in Spanish IT
• Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, Excel
• Blogs: Joomla and WordPress
• Audio editing: Audacity
• Social Media: Facebook, Mixcloud and Instagram
Model UN Conference in New York (April 2019)
• Delegate of the General Assembly 2 representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
• Made speeches, debated and drafted resolution papers with other delegates in regards to renewable energy.
• Our Delegation received an Honorary Award.
September 2017 - September 2018: Vice President: International Relations Society: University of Sussex
• Organise student trip to Vienna, in order to visit the UN and other NGOs.
• Run fundraising events to fund our trip, and keep an up-to-date account of the society’s finances.
• Hold events, such as careers workshops and guest speaker events to enhance International Relations students’
knowledge of Global Affairs.
• Developed skills in leadership and organisation.
Mr. N Litston
Brighton (concealed information)
Dr A Antoniades Professor
School of Global Studies University of Sussex
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|