I'm currently study History and Politics at university and am passionate about sharing my love for these subjects with younger students. Additionally, I have A-Levels in English Literature and Religious Studies so would happily help with these subject-areas as well.
I'm keen for students to feel comfortable and know that any question is valid. Everyone learns differently and all students deserve an approach that suits them.
My learning and revision techniques vary to find something for everyone. This ranges from making note cards, filming revision videos, reviewing coursework or going over past papers. I can also help with general study skills such as making revision timetables or helping with time management - considering that really helps me in my work personally.
Whilst at school during my Lower and Upper Sixth years I helped peers and younger students in their studies in subject areas where I had a particular strength based on my achievements at GCSE and A-level. I was a member of my school's History and Politics society which allowed me to mentor others to help with their presentations and homework. I was also requested by the Head of History to help prepare and mentor students in the year below me applying to Oxbridge universities after a strong performance in the Oxford History aptitude test and interview process.
After leaving school I worked with three year 10 students informally, unpaid helping them transition into their GCSE studies. We have focused on revision, organisation and general homework assistance.
Whilst not formally trained as tutor I have had experience being a mentor and advisor. This was part of my role leading MUN and Debating Societies at my secondary school.
ECDL Level 2 qualification – Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel
• History – A*
• Religious Studies – A*
• English Language – A*
• English Literature – A*
• French – A*
• Geography – A *
• Biology – A*
• Chemistry – A*
• Mathematics – A
• Physics – A
• History – A
• Politics – A*
• Religious Studies – A*
Currently enrolled in a Masters degree History and Politics course at the University of Edinburgh
Extra curricular activity
Francis Holland Student Choir
Francis Holland Chamber Choir
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
Francis Holland History and Politics Society
University of Edinburgh History Society
University of Edinburgh Political Union
Member of the Liberal Democrats
Model United Nations
National Citizen Service media course
• Creative – learning how to frame shots, lighting and editing
• Teamwork – being sound manager as part of a larger film team
Event Magazine as part of the Sunday Mail
• Research – researching for articles and fact checking
• Organization – cataloguing books into specific databases
• Writing – research cases then required to write reports detailing main points and problems
• Administrative skills – answering phones, delivering packages, organizing files
• Nannying/Childcare – caring for infants and toddlers in my local area
Volunteering with the elderly through the Francis Holland School Trust
• Communication skills – effective listening and conversation
• Teamwork – working with my partner to plan visits and activities
National Citizen Service mental health and anti-bullying campaigning
• Leadership – creating campaign, running events, making plans for funding
• Marketing – running an Instagram account for the campaign and designing a logo and slogan
Roles of responsibility
President of Francis Holland Senior Debating Society
• Public speaking – attending internal and external competitions
• Leadership – organizing competitions
Leader of Francis Holland Junior Debating Society
• Management – organization of younger students, planning activities
• Communication – interacting with many year groups, leading activities
Co-founder of Francis Holland Feminist Society
• Initiative – acting on passion to create a space for discussion and events
• Presentation skills – giving presentations on different issues/debates
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|