For my teaching method, I first determine areas for improvement within students by asking them which aspects of the subject they struggle the most with. Then I approach these topics by firstly going over the topic in detail, allowing for questions to be asked and finally assigning exercises to test their understanding. I can also offer help and feedback for special assignments (e.g. IAs).
I am a BA Geography student at the London School of Economics who completed the International Baccalaureate in 2019 with 43/45 points. I took Higher Level Geography, Biology and Theatre, receiving 7s in all 3 subjects. I have experience tutoring IB students who all received excellent results.
My rates are lower for online tuition as I account for travel time and cost. Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance, after which full cost will be charged.
Education and Awards
2019-2022 London School of Economics, BA Geography (ongoing)
1st year: Introduction to Geography: 75 Introduction to Geographical Research: 72 Sustainable Development: 83 Environmental Change: 77
2020 Columbia University Online Course
The Age of Sustainable Development with Jeffrey Sachs: 87
British School Manila
International Baccalaureate (IB): Total: 43/45 points
Higher Level: Geography (7), Biology (7), Theatre (7)
Standard Level: Spanish (7), Maths (6), English Literature (7)
Academic Achievement Award for Geography, Theatre and English Literature. Honor Roll for IB.
01-06 /2018 Philippine General Hospital Manila, Philippines
Lead Volunteer at Project with Pediatric Ward
• Involved creating a library and playroom for the pediatric ward of the hospital. This included fundraising, book drives and an intensive week of work to create the playroom.
06 /2017 Unilever Manila, Philippines
• Involved a week of intensive work which included shadowing employees in the sustainability and human resources department to learn more about different aspects of a major global company.
• Gave a presentation to managers of the sustainability department on how the company could potentially move towards a circular economy framework by minimizing plastic packaging.
07 /2016 World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Manila, Philippines
• Compiled and indexed information about renewable energy and climate regulations and policies in the Philippines. Compiled relevant news articles relating to climate change and energy.
• Provided research assistance in updating contact database on key government stakeholders in Low Carbon Pathways project.
• Summarized latest statistics and research on climate change, reporting directly to the Head of the Climate Change and Energy Department.
2018-2019 Head of Global Awareness
• Led in hosting a Global Awareness Week which involved inviting speakers from a range of international organisations (such as the Asian Development Bank) and NGOs (such as WWF) and organizing events and competitions.
• Hosting assemblies to teach young children about global issues. Planning with teachers about how sustainability themes could be integrated into primary school curriculums. Campaigning for the integration of environmental NGOs into the school’s community service program.
2017-2018 Vice President of Finance for TEDx Conference
• Gathered £3000 from sponsorships, making the event free for over 100 participants. This involved directly contacting businesses, creating contracts and ensuring business names were advertised throughout event.
• Managed the collective budget of the event by collaborating with other Vice Presidents.
2015-2016 Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
• Volunteered with local orphanage for disabled children, participated in theatre, archery and multiple hiking excursions.
2014-2019 Chair and Delegate for Model United Nations Conferences
• Delegate position involved debating about a range of global issues from the perspective of different countries in local and international conferences (including in Singapore and Beijing).
• Chair position involved writing reports about current global issues as well as managing the debate.
Languages English: fluent; German: fluent; Spanish: intermediate; French: beginner
Interests Theatre, archery, travelling (experiences include Peru, New Zealand, Egypt, Tanzania)
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest international relationships lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, built environment lessons for all!
Taking sustainability lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£110||£150|