My teaching methods include providing handouts to the students and having a discussion in the class rather than just memorizing the concept. I also prefer using different methods in teaching such as presentations, videos, charts, and posters. I am an approachable tutor and can help with any topic required.
I am an MSc student in Occupational Therapy and would preferably like to give tuitions to high school and undergraduate students in biology. I am experienced to teach the following subjects:
· Human Anatomy
· Human Physiology
I prefer teaching by making things understandable through practical examples, providing notes, articles, books, and journals
Additional charges will be required to travel outside Lothian.
MSc in Advancing Practice in Occupational Therapy | Queen Margaret University | 2020- till date
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy | D.Y. Patil University School of Occupational Therapy | 2020
OT student | D.Y. Patil Hospital, Mumbai, India | 2015-2019
• 7-9 months rotational post every year in 4-5 different service areas
• Evaluated and assessed patients of varying disabilities and of different age-groups
• Planned intervention and provided effective treatment services to the clients
• Presented 5 case study which included evaluation, assessment, and complete intervention plan of varying diagnosis in each rotational posting
OT Intern | D.Y. Patil Hospital, Mumbai, India | 2019-2020
• 6 months rotational post in 8 different service areas
• Responsible for 50% of the caseload, including initial interviews, assessments, intervention planning, and modification, daily therapy, discharge planning, and documentation. Provided status updates and projected treatment plans for each client during weekly rounds with the healthcare team.
• Respected and maintained the privacy and confidentiality of clients
• Advocated for the need for OT, sought out referrals independently, and through consistent liaison with inter-professional team members.
• Utilized skills in PSRP and stress management with elicited positive feedback from clients.
• Assisted with the orientation of first, second, third, and final year students.
• Supported and assisted senior occupational therapist in the rehabilitation program for the clients
OT Observer | Dr. Indu Tandon’s Rehabilitation Center | 2019
• Observed and assisted senior occupational and physical therapist in different areas of practice (Orthopedic, neurological, sports, pediatric condition & fitness program, lymphedema management & bandaging)
OT Observer | Ummeed Child Development Center, Mumbai | 2019
• Observed different therapy sessions of including but not limited to an occupational therapist, physical therapist, and autism therapist.
• Dissertation presentation on “A cross-sectional study to investigate the correlation between nutritional status and independence in activities of daily living in patients with chronic diabetes.” | 2020 | (concealed information)
• Comparison between traditional self-stretching techniques & stretch cord assisted techniques for lower limb self-stretching in normal young individuals; A Randomized Controlled Trial.
• To Correlate Addictive Behaviors of Internet Gaming with Occupational Performance Areas: An Online Survey Based Cross-Sectional Study.
Specialized Certification | Accomplishments:
• Orfit industries, Belgium Certificate - Hands-on workshop on Dynamic Splints | 2020
• Kinesio University - Certified completion of 4 levels in Kinesio-taping with advanced ortho-sports specialty | 2019, 2018
• M.I.C.E Labs Certification – 5 session course on medical innovations | 2019
• D.Y. Patil University – Secured 3rd place in Physiotherapy Premier League | 2019
• HPE UK London, Mumbai- HPE Functional Triple Certification | 2018
• Neurology Foundation, Mumbai – Music Therapy Workshop | 2018
• OTICON 2018 Certificate – Student delegate | 2018
• Student Membership | All India Occupational Therapists’ Association | 2017
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£13|