I am an enthusiastic instrumental/vocal tutor, performer and composer based in Cardiff. I am keen to pass on musical knowledge acquired over years of practical experience as well as years of intensive study under internationally renowned musicians.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the following disciplines to all levels (beginner to advanced):
- Guitar (classical & acoustic)
- Music theory / Composition / Songwriting
With a background in composition as well as performance I am also able to offer comprehensive GSCE/A-level tuition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus(Hons) degree from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Classical guitar - Grade 8 (Trinity)
- Piano - Grade 8 (Trinity Guildhall)
- Violin - Grade 8 (Trinity Guildhall)
- Music Theory - Grade 8 (ABRSM)
- How much do you charge?
£13.50 - 30 minutes
£25.00 - 1 hour
LESSONS IN PAIRS
(ideal for friends or for parents and children to learn together)
£10.00 each - 30 minutes
£20.00 each - 1 hour
NO OBLIGATION TRIAL LESSON - HALF PRICE!
I am happy to arrange discounts for multiple lessons (if you want to learn more than one instrument or would like additional theory lessons for example).
- Where do you teach?
I currently teach from my home in Roath (Cardiff) but may also able to travel within the Cardiff area for a small additional cost to cover travel time/expenses depending on my current teaching schedule.
- When are you available?
Mondays to Wednesdays are most reliable (daytime & evening) but other days may also be available so feel free to get in touch.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages and abilities welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for graded exams (Trinity Guildhall and ABRSM) in addition to offering coaching for competitions and university/conservatoire auditions. Specific needs can be catered for.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I am an experienced teacher, having been involved with the local music service and various schools workshops in addition to years of private teaching.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Originally from Chichester, West Sussex, I began studying guitar at the Regis School of Music at the age of 12 where I later also took up piano and violin. I have taken part in numerous concerts, festivals, and masterclasses, and was awarded a scholarship to attend the 2008 West Dean International Guitar Festival. From 2009 I studied at the Royal Welsh Music of Drama, where I was awarded the conservatoire's composition prize on leaving. During my time at the RWCMD, I studied classical guitar with John Mills and Eleftheria Kotzia as well as piano with Fazliddin Husanov and composition with Lynne Plowmann, Robert Spearing, John Hardy, and Peter Reynolds. I have participated in several masterclasses with renowned international performers and composers including Leo Brouwer, Kai Nieminen and Harrison Birtwistle, as well as having my own music played by ensembles such as the Lunar Saxophone Quartet, the MidWest ensemble and the BBC National Orchestra of Wales.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Musicians Union, PRS, Registry of Guitar Tutors
• BMus(Hons) - Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
• DBS checked and up-to-date
• Musicians Union
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|