Tutoring tailored to your individual needs. I have my own children and can speak to your child in a way that will make tutoring fun and engaging. I have experience with SEND, challenging behaviour and various learning difficulties. I have 10+ years experience in Primary schools around Gloucestershire, working in various settings. I make learning fun, engaging and motivating.
I give lessons to students taking their GCSEs or A Levels. I encourage different methods of revision, and incorporate progress checks into my lessons over time to see an improvement. As someone who has experienced these courses and received the highest grades, I can confidently say that I can give the best advice and help.
With 22 years' experience as a successful tutor (11+ to Uni Thesis and Teacher Training), I know I will help you to achieve your best, and teach you how to learn faster and retain more by tapping into your enthusiasms. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English Literature and related subjects and Philosophy & Ethics.
As an English teacher with 14 years' experience, I use a range of techniques to personalise my lessons to my students' needs. I am an examiner and have been a Head of Department so I have an excellent understanding of the curriculum and how to enable students to meet their potential. I am a passionate and dedicated English teacher with 13 years' experience.
Through my substantial experience as a teacher and examiner I have come to believe that the chance to work one-to-one with a student enables them to come to a deeper understanding of their texts and to do justice to themselves in the examinations. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English and English Literature at GCSE, AS and A2. Art history at AS and A2. - Tell me about your qualifications.
My teaching method is through practical, play-based fun and games, working through a phonics scheme which builds on previous knowledge and understanding.
I am a qualified English and Functional Skills Teacher working in Further Education for an F.E college. I like to find alternative and enlightening approaches to student engagement that link to career and vocational development as well as future aspirations. I favour short and intensive learning as opposed to long winded 'learning by rote'.
- Classes Supplementary maths and English classes that develop study skills and independant learning. - Ages and Levels Covered 3 to 14, but students can continue to study beyond the age of 14. - Opening Times Wednesday 3:45 to 6:00pm Fridays 3:30 to 5:30pm - Tuition Fees £65 per month, per student, per subject. Registration fee, payable once at enrolment, £50.
Individualised learning. Let's work out how you learn best and build on it. I aim to make your learning interesting and innovative. I can teach you "proper" English, help with exam preparation and help you learn and speak English you use everyday.
I follow the National Curriculum and age appropriate studies. I take guidance from parents and teachers on personal weaknesses and plan focusing around that area. I approach lessons with fun activities and spend the second half of the session testing what has been achieved.
Hello, i am 15 currently in my last year of school with target grades of B's, A's and A*'s. I teach any age from year 10 below. I prefer to tutor in History, English, Maths and Rs GCSE and like to make my lessons specific to you, need help with homework? that's what we'll focus on.. exam questions you struggle with? we'll crack them.
- Classes Every child starts at a level that suits them, determined by a simple diagnostic test completed at enrolment. They then proceed to master topics at their own pace, before moving on to the next level. Kumon students are always working at a level that is just right for them. They are provided with work to be completed on a daily basis and come to class once or twice a week.
My teacher method is note taking, recapping, testing lightly to begin with and building up from there. Bring colours are essential when revising aswell as minimal notetaking and sometimes even mental pictures.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes Supplementary maths and English classes that develop study skills and independent learning. - Ages and Levels Covered Ages that children can start the Kumon programme range from 3 to 14, but students can continue to study beyond the age of 14. - Opening Times Monday; 3.30pm to 5.30pm Thursday; 3.30pm to 5.30pm Saturday; 9.45am to 11.45am - Tuition Fees £55 per month per subject.
My lessons can be summarised in two words: Effective and fun. I ensure the student is within a positive atmosphere with a smile on their face during the scheduled tutor sessions. I am also an optimist so I inspire to get the student to overachieve so if they are predicted a '4' (judging from the new 2018 marking scheme) then I will try and push them to a e.g. '7.
I'd like to offer my help to any student working at a pre-undergraduate level (i.e GCSE & A-Level, BTEC, primary and secondary). My tutoring is completely based on the individual; after talking with you and highlighting what you're struggling with, I'd work around your needs and directly tackle the areas which could be improved, all in a super relaxed environment.
I am a friendly, professional and experienced tutor. I believe that the needs and aspirations of the student should lie at the heart of the learning experience and I tailor every session to meet the requirements of each individual. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English as a Foreign Language, including IELTS preparation and I also teach ESOL (all levels).
My teaching approach is very much dependant upon what suits the individual student, to give you the skills and strategies you need to be successful. I will undertake a comprehensive analysis of your needs and provide a range of creative teaching methods designed to maximise your potential through stimulating and interesting activities with plenty of opportunity and time for extensive explanations.
As a professional working in training and coaching, I can adapt my teaching to suit a number of different learning styles, and have an understanding of key learning theories and how to get the most from my students.
I believe that 1:1 teaching should be tailored for the needs of the student and be challenging. I will do this for you, whether you wish to study Business, General or Exam English. - Which subject(s) do you teach? EFL Business English Exam English - Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and IELTS Key stage 2-4 English incl. GCSE English Language - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a fully qualified native English teacher who has taught people from different cultures and of all ages. I enjoy teaching English in a fun and informative way. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I can help with English exam preparation for KS1 (lower primary) and KS2 (upper primary) students, as well as improving your general English and literacy skills.
I am an enthusiastic, dedicated tutor with experience teaching a range of subjects to different ages, including French, English and Maths from 11+ and SATs exam level up to Oxbridge entrance preparation.
Six years classroom experience. Have experience with one to one and small group work as well as classroom teaching. Hoping to make a difference for students who need extra support. I will listen to your needs and create a plan just for you. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Key stage 3 English all abilities.
You can be the performer, public speaker or presenter you want to be. My aim is to address your concerns and reveal a strong, confident and talented individual. (concealed information) - Which subject(s) do you teach? - Audition Technique for Drama School - Public Speaking & Presenting - Monologue & Scene Practice - Drama. - Acting. - English. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Classes are of a drop-in nature, and children typically attend for around 20-30 minutes per subject. There are 2 classes a week on Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning; children attend a minimum of one class per week but can attend twice a week. Children work independently on worksheets which have been tailored to their individual needs, and so there is no group-work at Kumon.
If you have writing aspirations and could do with some editorial input, or if you just want to improve your craft, I’d love to help. **One-to-one tuition (£30 per hour)** When we're working together, one-to-one, I can give you fully tailored writing guidance.
I am a postgraduate student at Downing College, Cambridge University. My research focuses on the work of Vladimir Nabokov and Henry James. Because my MPhil is focused on American Literature, I would be most useful tutoring on writers from this period. That said, I'm more than happy to cover most periods and writers.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I mostly teach Maths and English to GCSE level, but I also teach: ESOL to adults and children; 11+ skills; english for academic purposes - essay writing and editing; I have also taught philosophy BA and I have tutored candidates for the police entrance exam. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am an undergraduate final year student who studies English Language. I give support lessons to a family friend who is currently preparing for his GCSES. I also do work experience in a secondary school helping support pupils in their English lessons. My techniques for teaching is to plan lessons ensuring I am covering the relevant content within the time frame specified.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Dursley.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Dursley and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Dursley by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.