My teaching method is through practical, play-based fun and games, working through a phonics scheme which builds on previous knowledge and understanding.
Before qualifying as a teacher, I studied Literature at University in the 1990's and loved every moment of it. I especially enjoyed studying novels and modern poetry. But I didn't develop a passion for Shakespeare until I taught it because you learn so much from considering how to teach a text and you learn even more from discussing texts with your students over the years.
Through my substantial experience as a teacher and examiner I have come to believe that the chance to work one-to-one with a student enables them to come to a deeper understanding of their texts and to do justice to themselves in the examinations. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English and English Literature at GCSE, AS and A2. Art history at AS and A2. - Tell me about your qualifications.
With 22 years' experience as a successful tutor (11+ to Uni Thesis and Teacher Training), I know I will help you to achieve your best, and teach you how to learn faster and retain more by tapping into your enthusiasms. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English Literature and related subjects and Philosophy & Ethics.
Individualised learning. Let's work out how you learn best and build on it. I aim to make your learning interesting and innovative. I can teach you "proper" English, help with exam preparation and help you learn and speak English you use everyday.
As an English teacher with 14 years' experience, I use a range of techniques to personalise my lessons to my students' needs. I am an examiner and have been a Head of Department so I have an excellent understanding of the curriculum and how to enable students to meet their potential. I am a passionate and dedicated English teacher with 13 years' experience.
Hello, i am 15 currently in my last year of school with target grades of B's, A's and A*'s. I teach any age from year 10 below. I prefer to tutor in History, English, Maths and Rs GCSE and like to make my lessons specific to you, need help with homework? that's what we'll focus on.. exam questions you struggle with? we'll crack them.
- Classes Every child starts at a level that suits them, determined by a simple diagnostic test completed at enrolment. They then proceed to master topics at their own pace, before moving on to the next level. Kumon students are always working at a level that is just right for them. They are provided with work to be completed on a daily basis and come to class once or twice a week.
My teacher method is note taking, recapping, testing lightly to begin with and building up from there. Bring colours are essential when revising aswell as minimal notetaking and sometimes even mental pictures.
Tutoring tailored to your individual needs. I have my own children and can speak to your child in a way that will make tutoring fun and engaging. I have experience with SEND, challenging behaviour and various learning difficulties. I have 10+ years experience in Primary schools around Gloucestershire, working in various settings. I make learning fun, engaging and motivating.
I give lessons to students taking their GCSEs or A Levels. I encourage different methods of revision, and incorporate progress checks into my lessons over time to see an improvement. As someone who has experienced these courses and received the highest grades, I can confidently say that I can give the best advice and help.
I have a friendly approach to learning and get to know the child to ensure they are getting the most out of the session, and to help me tailor the session to his or her needs. I use a range of techniques to incorporate all different learning styles. I have a wide range of equipment and resources such as books, sensory learning games and examination papers.
My classes are dramatic scenes. I have found that drama is a powerful tool of instruction whereby all that is taught remains fixed in the students' minds and, to a large extent, becomes a way of life. This is particularly handy when analyzing texts for tone, attitude and characterization. It's fun, it sticks hits all the points for which the examiner is looking.
I am a friendly, professional and experienced tutor. I believe that the needs and aspirations of the student should lie at the heart of the learning experience and I tailor every session to meet the requirements of each individual. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English as a Foreign Language, including IELTS preparation and I also teach ESOL (all levels).
As a professional working in training and coaching, I can adapt my teaching to suit a number of different learning styles, and have an understanding of key learning theories and how to get the most from my students.
I offer tuition in English to students of mainly secondary school age. I specialise in English Language and dyslexia. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and English Literature at all levels, including English Language A Level, English Literature A Level and English Language and Literature A Level.
You can be the performer, public speaker or presenter you want to be. My aim is to address your concerns and reveal a strong, confident and talented individual. (concealed information) - Which subject(s) do you teach? - Audition Technique for Drama School - Public Speaking & Presenting - Monologue & Scene Practice - Drama. - Acting. - English. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Classes are of a drop-in nature, and children typically attend for around 20-30 minutes per subject. There are 2 classes a week on Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning; children attend a minimum of one class per week but can attend twice a week. Children work independently on worksheets which have been tailored to their individual needs, and so there is no group-work at Kumon.
I’m Steph, I attend the University of Exeter (studying Politics and International Relations) and I teach English to students right from primary school through to English Literature A-Level. Lesson structure is very much based upon the student and their aims: from guided reading through to discussion of textual interpretations and assisting with wider context.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
20 years experience in teaching. - Which subject(s) do you teach? History, English, Politics, Religious Studies, Study Skills, Writing Skills and Research Skills. I can also proof read and offer help with writing skills and research skills. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Classes run as a 'drop in' sessions and students attend for about 30 minutes. - Ages and Levels Covered Students are usually of school age. Maths covers counting to calculus and English from phonics to precis - Opening Times Classes are on Monday and Thursday 3.30 - 5.30pm and run most weeks of the year.
- Classes Children are set a daily piece of individualised homework and attend class once or twice a week for about 25 minutes. - Ages and Levels Covered We currently have children between the age of 5 and 17 attending the centre. - Opening Times Tuesdays and Fridays throughout the year. Open between 3.15 and 5.15 (to arrive by 4.
Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and qualified to teach all areas of the New Primary Curriculum, I provide interesting and engaging lessons designed to appeal to children aged between 5 and 11. I strongly believe that all children can progress given the right environment, and am pleased to be able to facilitate this.
I am a focussed individual determined to provide the best service to build and maintain new relationships. Building and sustaining a good rapport is at the heart of this, both with children and parents and I feel my excellent communication and listening skills help to achieve this target.
I offer English tuition to students of any ability and qualification level, from basic literacy skills up to A Level and International Baccalaureate qualifications. I tailor my style to suit the needs of the individual student and their input is vital when I structure my lessons. To me, there is no such thing as a 'wrong' answer and my approach is exploratory rather than didactic.
I am a qualified secondary school teacher who has taught history up to A Level for the past two years. I recently left my job to move with my husband's work and to look after our new baby girl.
I am a qualified English and Functional Skills Teacher working in Further Education for an F.E college. I like to find alternative and enlightening approaches to student engagement that link to career and vocational development as well as future aspirations. I favour short and intensive learning as opposed to long winded 'learning by rote'.
- Classes Supplementary maths and English classes that develop study skills and independant learning. - Ages and Levels Covered 3 to 14, but students can continue to study beyond the age of 14. - Opening Times Wednesday 3:45 to 6:00pm Fridays 3:30 to 5:30pm - Tuition Fees £65 per month, per student, per subject. Registration fee, payable once at enrolment, £50.
I follow the National Curriculum and age appropriate studies. I take guidance from parents and teachers on personal weaknesses and plan focusing around that area. I approach lessons with fun activities and spend the second half of the session testing what has been achieved.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Stroud.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Stroud and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Stroud by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.