I like to sit with my students one-on-one and work through questions with them, because I believe that having experience working through questions is invaluable.
The most important aspect of a 1-on-1 tutoring session is that it must be a conversation, not a lecture. I challenge my students to work out the answers, rather than just giving it to them, which is much more effective. My lessons are enjoyable and good-humoured, as I believe this is extremely important for students to learn well. My lessons are also exam-focussed.
I am a very calm and collected teacher, and I am ready to work at it with a student no matter how long it takes him/her to understand the concept I am teaching. A lot of my teaching is based upon teaching a concept then keep giving the student questions to make sure they understand that concept. This often results in success.
I am a Mathematician and Computer Scientist with 30 plus years plus experience working across both research institutes and business firms. I have a bachelor degree in "Mathematics and Computing", a Master degree in "Mathematics - Numerical Analysis" and I a Doctorate degree in "Computer Science". I am friendly, enthusiastic and honest. I am also bilingual - English and French.
Hi, my name is James and I am a tutor specialising in Maths, Physics and Engineering for A Level, GCSE, and entrance exam students. I am personable, easy to approach, and can cater to a wide variety of teaching styles. I like to be flexible in my lesson structure, as I know every student is different.
My teaching method is similar to schools but I have a catalogue of back up methods to ensure the child understands the method and is able to apply it themselves.
I prefer teaching from the very core of the subject and just not what is asked for in the syllabus. I choose to introduce the origination every concept or idea because that is how I was taught and I find myself capable of remembering everything word-to-word till today.
A full-time tutor and mentor with a passion for the subject I teach! I also have a keen interest in learning new languages, freestyle slalom skating, World cinema & music, piano playing, crocheting, to name a few. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I am qualified to teach Mathematics up to A-Level and English up to KS2. - Tell me about your qualifications.
After twenty years teaching experience, latterly as Head of Department, I have now tutored several hundred private pupils. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I can teach you Physics up to undergraduate level, Mathematics to A-Level, Chemistry and Biology to AS level - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes After an initial assessment, all students are allocated a class and each class consists of a maximum of 3 students.
I offer lessons for 11+ up to A level. I structure my lessons with one half spent developing a firm understanding of the content, and the other spent with targetted practice. This avoids mindless drilling of questions, develops good skills for exams and creates a strong basis for further study.
Teaching is a learned process but the process of imparting humans is intuitive and charismatic per se. Although people go to learn how to teach but there are people who find it easier to communicate what they know without going to learn how it could be done;that is where I belong.All my past student have always said ,I am a good teacher and I take cognizant of that.
I am a second year physics student studying at the University of Bristol and am highly passionate about my subject! I believe to truly teach physics and math's comprehensively, the content needs to first be understood, often through analogies or diagrams, and then it needs to be practiced through a variety of different question types so the examiners can't catch you out!
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
I am a Medical Student at studying at Barts and the London, Queen Mary University of London. Having been through the GCSE and Alevel exams at Watford Grammar only a few years ago, I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the knowledge required for you to achieve the top grades. I tailor each tuition to suit the individual to ensure that you will feel confident with the content.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths A Level, Some Degree Physics A Level I.T / I.C.T A Level, Degree - Tell me about your qualifications. School I was awarded a general entry scholarship at the age of 12 to the public Reeds School, Cobham and also a Science scholarship at the age of 16.
I have been tutoring mathematics to children from independent schools, grammar schools, comprehensive schools, colleges and universities. I try my best to teach mathematics using clear concepts, from school level to university level students. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Science, Statistics and Civil Engineering subjects.
I've made students who were failing their degree studies become university toppers (references provided upon request). Results for 2016/7: 100% A*-B grades achieved. I also offer help with assignments / projects at undergraduate/postgraduate levels. Q.
My teachin methodology is making learning fun and easy! Focusing individually on each childs ability to help them achieve the best that they can!
My teaching is going topic by topic, focusing first on the students weaker topics, giving clear methods (with the simplest route to the answer and layout for maximizing marks) for common styles of questions that are likely to appear in an exam along with explanations that provide understanding of why the method works and the aim/outcome of the method.
I am an LSE graduate with a First Class Honours degree in Economics. I achieved 4 A*s at A-Level (Maths/Further Maths/Economics/Chemistry) and 10A*s at GCSE. I believe exam technique and course content are key to exam success and so should be taught alongside each other.
- Classes Kumon provide individualised Maths and English programmes. Attendance at class is on a "drop-in" basis during class times as each student works on their own individual development plan. Students take approximately 30 minutes per subject and attend class once a week, on a regular day.
August 2018 Update: University placements of my current Year 13 (A Level) students: 1) AM A* in Maths year 13 August 2018 Update (secured place to study Medicine at Cambridge) 2) Four others have been offered medicine at Liverpool, Cardiff, Leeds.
Summer 2018 Exam Results: University placements of my current Year 13 (A Level) students: 1) 15 students got A* in Maths year 13 and one student secured place to study Medicine at Oxford university 2) five others have been offered medicine at Liverpool, Cardiff, Leeds, Keele 3) two other student doing Actuarial Science at city university 4)12 other students are going to Russell group...
I am currently Deputy Head of Mathematics at one of London's top independent schools and I have been teaching Mathematics for 18 years now. My aim is to maximise the potential of my students in the subject. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics from Year 7 up to A2 level Mathematics and Further Mathematics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I was winner of the National Lecturer of the Year (a competition held among all UK universities) for my multi-faceted approach to teaching: This means brilliant teaching, but much more: I set work and support my students during the week with the hmk. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths. Only maths. GCSE Maths. A-level Maths. Further Maths (A-level). AEA and STEP (still maths).
I am a research analyst at the prestigious London Business School's Centre for Hedge Fund Research & Education.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics - Statistics - Economics - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Excel Academy is a leading provider of private after-school tuition classes for the students of Key stage 1, 2 & 3, 11 Plus, 13 Plus, GCSE, IGCSE, AS & A2 Levels in the subjects of Maths, English, Science, Verbal reasoning, Nonverbal reasoning & ICT. - Ages and Levels Covered Age groups 8 to 18 years.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I mostly teach Maths but I have some knowledge in Physics. - How much do you charge? I charge £1.80 for travel. I charge £5.50/hr for GCSE subjects but for A-level subjects I charge £15.00/hr. - Where do you teach? I can teach from Harrow to Mill Hill and down to Hendon. - When are you available? I am mainly available on weekends and from June to August.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Further Maths,
find private lessons close to Hemel Hempstead.
Pick your own coach to help you learn further maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in further maths in Hemel Hempstead and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Hemel Hempstead by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.