My tutoring style is coherent and approachable. For exam revisions my main aim is making sure that students have the relevant knowledge and information (content) about the subject. If the content is relevant at that time students under my assistance try to plan and answer past exam papers. This helps me a lot as from their essay structures and writings I can pick the main weaknesses and difficulties, which students face during their essay writings. I try to target their main weaknesses and improve that either by giving them extra notes or by showing them well-written essay examples, which helps students to tackle the question correctly in their future essays.
I tutored Government & Politics at London Brookes College from January to April 2017 and taught the small group of students (3) AS level unit 2 content. The teaching style, which I used in this case, was presentations through which I gave the students the content, which was needed for achieving high grades. In order to improve their writing styles I gave them two essay questions to write weekly under time control. After this I marked the essays that they have written and spent thirty minutes of the class time, showing them the bits where they need more focused answers, more analysis and more content.
- King’s College London (University of London), UK (September 2016- ongoing)
-Bachelor of International Relations
- Bellerbys College Brighton, UK (January 2015- June 2016)
-Successfully completed A-levels programme
- Subjects and Grades: Maths (A), Government and Politics (A*), Russian Language (A*), History (B)
- The Regent’s International School Bangkok, Thailand (September 2012- June 2014)
-Successfully completed IGCSE (International general certificate of secondary education)
- Subjects and Grades: History (A), English Literature (A), English Second Language (B), English First Language (C), Business Studies (C), Maths (C)
- London Brookes College, Part Time (Jan 2016 – April 2016)
A level Government and Politics Tutor
- Covered Unit 2 topics (Constitution, Prime Minister & Cabinet, The Parliament)
- Preparing for the upcoming June 2017 exams through past papers and regular essays
- Phoenix Tour Travel Agency- Summer, Part Time (2016-ongoing)
Administrative assistant /Travel Guide
- Responsible for the in-depth calculation and organization of travel expenditures for respective customers
- Responsible for the communication with different organizations to arrange excursions and sightseeing, dining and transportation
- Trained tour guide for excursions in Armenia, for up to 10 tourists
- Bellerbys College Brighton, (2015-16 Academic Year)
- Supervised the library during the evening hours from 18:00 to 20:00, from Monday to Friday
- Made sure that hard working A2 students will benefit from their two hour long extra sessions
Language Skills and Achievements
1. Fluent in English, Russian and Armenian
2. Obtained Global Connect scholarship to study in Bellerbys College Brighton, UK
3. At the end of AS (year 1 of A levels) awarded with the Certificate of Best AS History student
4. At the end of A2 awarded with the Certificate of Best A2 Government and Politics student
5. Obtained Global Connect scholarship to study in The Regents International High school, Thailand
6. Graduated with a Certificate of Excellence in History in IGCSE year 11
7. Second place in Harrow Inter-School Chess Tournament 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand
8. Winner of the IWICA’s Second International School Chess Championship 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand
I thoroughly recommend Garik due to his high levels of responsibility, punctuality, and preparedness to take on a challenge. Garik's previous experience of tutoring for the past three years speak for themselves. At this time he has honed his skills as a teacher and became an experience in delivering a variety of materials to different audiences.
Garik has been an amazing tutor! All the classes have been prepared in advance, and he really has a path of learning for students, with a goal for learning per week. I highly recommend him!
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£20|