I like to approach each lesson and each student based on their specific needs, learning process and learning speed. I believe under the right circumstances and with the right amount of patience, any student can learn what they need to in order to achieve the highest possible grades. In practice, this means approaching every subject and problem from the fundamentals up in order to create a holistic understanding that will equip a student to solve any problem they are presented with, not just regurgitating the course material. I also believe in equipping students with methods to study and learn for themselves, by structuring and managing their learning so that they will find the best way for them to approach mathematical and physical science learning for the rest of their lives.
I graduated with a masters with distinction in mechanical engineering from University of Strathclyde in July 2014, and have recently left a role carrying out research in the Bioengineering department at Strathclyde into neurological rehabilitation methods for spinal cord injured patients. During this time I took various tutorials in teaching engineering subjects to undergraduate students. I have published and presented my research carried out during and after my undergraduate at international research conferences (ASME PVP 2014 & INS Congress 2017). I am due to start a job in the aerospace industry as of September 2018, and am looking to tutor students part time until then.
12 Pounds an hour for Standard Grade Level and below.
Rates for undergraduates will be agreed based on subject and level, not more than 16 pounds an hour.
I can also teach students in Edinburgh.
CONOR S. CAMPBELL
Email: (concealed information)
Mobile: +44 7(concealed information)
Address: 1/1 Danube Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH4 1NN
I graduated from Strathclyde University in the summer of 2014, gaining a Masters in Mechanical Engineering (MEng) with distinction. I have recently left a research position in the University of Strathclyde Bioengineering department.
Strathclyde University 2009 - 2014: Masters with Distinction in Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
St. Thomas of Aquin's High School, Edinburgh August 2003 – June 2009
Physics (A); French (A)
Modern Studies (A); Maths (A); Physics (A); Computing (A); French (A); English (B) Intermediate 2
French (A); English (A); Music (B)
Standard Grade Credit
Maths (1); Physics (1); Business Management (1); History (1); Computing (1); French (1)
Postgraduate Research Assistant in the Department of Biomedical Engineering Strathclyde University September 2015 - October 2017
● I carried out research in medical device design, specifically pertaining to using electrical stimulation to assist in the rehabilitation of spinal cord injured patients, which I expect to be awarded with an MSc in Bioengineering for next July.
Bar Staff Member, Underbelly, Edinburgh August 2015
● Worked for a month as part of the bar staff for Underbelly’s “Circus Hub” venue at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
● Duties involved making and serving drinks for customers, handling cash and working the bar tills, and general bar maintenance.
Clerical Officer, AML department, Royal Bank of Scotland October – February 2015
● Short-term clerical role in the Anti-Money Laundering department of the Royal Bank of Scotland.
● Pro-actively recommended, and subsequently implemented process improvements within the department.
Engineering Research Assistant, Vascutek, Glasgow June – September 2013
● Three-month internship
● Assisted in FEA research into cyclic strains in ANACONDA nitinol stent rings due to blood flow through arteries.
Engineering Assistant, Lothian Buses, Edinburgh June - July 2011
● 5-week Work Placement in the Engineering Function reporting to the Engineering Director
● Worked with a number of different teams assisting with management and optimisation of operations, bus maintenance and emissions reduction processes.
● Obtained broad experience of automotive engineering in a practical working environment
Customer Service Assistant, William Hill, Edinburgh June - September 2010
● Main duties: advising customers; taking and paying out customer bets; operating tills and branch cash management.
● Busy high-pressured environment at several different Edinburgh branches
General Store Assistant, Homebase, Edinburgh March - August 2009
● Responsibilities included: operating tills; tidying and maintaining store standards; replenishing stock; advising customers regarding product information; answering customer queries.
● Full Clean UK Driving Licence
● Proficient in French ● Nationality: British
● Music, I have played instruments my whole life and spend much of my spare time trying to write and produce new music.
● Football: I have played for my school team, Pentland Panthers in Edinburgh, five-a-sides in the Strathclyde University league and RMIT University’s first team, which won the Football Federation of Victoria's Men's seconds First Division in 2012
REFEREES AS REQUESTED
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|