My teaching method is based on motivation. i usually try to be as clear as possible to give to all the opportunity to learn. Being a friend and not a teacher is the best way to be heard from someone.
Final year Medicinal and Biological Chemistry student from the Manchester Metropolitan University with experience gained in Biology laboratory. Used to give lessons of scientific subjects and Italian Lessons (mother language) for more than 2 years. About 20 students chose me
Manchester Metropolitan University - Bachelor`s degree Medicinal and Biological Chemistry
SCIENTIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE
DOXORUBICIN EFFECTS ON HUMAN CARDIOMYOCYTES AND HUMAN GRANULOSA CELLS- Project | Patnership Jul 2020 to Aug 2020
• The clinical use of doxorubicin (Dox) for cancer therapy is limited by its cardiotoxicity which falters in heart failure. Mechanisms by which Dox promotes cardiac damage and cardiomyocyte cell death have been investigated extensively, but they remain incompletely understood. The accumulation of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) is widely accepted as a key factor of cardiotoxic effects. Moreover, due to increasing numbers of young cancer survivors and the raising concerns for their fertility state, elucidating the biological mechanisms of chemotherapy side effects is highly relevant. In this regard, Human Granulosa Cells (HGCs) derived from patient undergone in vitro fertilization procedure will be used. Thus, in this project we will evaluate the gene expression and the protein modulation of molecules involved in oxidative stress in Human Cardiomyocytes and in Human Granulosa cells treated with Dox.
POTENTIAL ROLE OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI OMVS IN GASTRIC TUMORIGENESIS ERBB-RELATED- Project
| Placement, Italy Jun 2020 to Aug 2020
• Gastric cancer (GC) is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Chronic Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection is associated with an increased risk of GC for the production of several virulence factors. H. pylori stimulates EGFR and ErbB2 activation, protecting epithelial cells from apoptosis. The interaction between H. pylori virulence and host factors directly leads to chronic inflammation, oxidative stress, DNA damage. H. pylori persistence in the gastric mucosa might be due to both genetic variability and biofilm development. In particular, the production of Outer Membranes Vesicles (OMVs), involved in H. pylori biofilm formation and containing toxins and probably nucleic acids, promotes genomic instability in cultured gastric epithelial cells enhancing the carcinogenic potential of H. pylori and the secretion of proinflammatory cytokines.
• The aims of this research project will be focused on the following tasks:
• 1) OMVs will be isolated from the planktonic and biofilm phenotypes and characterized by the presence and quantity of extracellular DNA by PicoGreen;
• 2) OMVs will be subsequently added to cell cultures of gastric adenocarcinoma (AGS) to study their effect on ErbB receptors expression/activation and intracellular signaling pathway.
Drug Design | Project Nov 2019 to Jan 2020
This report is about lots of exercise using scigress to design a selective inhibitor by using peer-reviewed studies from the current scientific literature applied to the important problem of obtaining new drugs for the treatment of the HIV.
• Able to use lots of different programs to design, calculate and draw chemical properties
• Knowledge of mathematics
• Knowledge of computational chemistry
• To investigate the efficacy of HIV-1 protease inhibitors
• To apply the techniques learned during the drug design modelling labs to a real system
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£7|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£35|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£70|