My teaching method varies for each age group, however, they tend to follow a similar structure. I find many students benefit from reviewing the principles of a topic and putting those principles to the test through worked examples. If a student has a preferred method of learning I am always happy to do what suits best.
Mechanical Engineer working in the Nuclear Industry, using my Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Newcastle University. I have tutored online and in-person throughout my university degree for various age groups and have found the most success teaching Maths and Physics.
Education and Qualifications:
Master’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering (87.5%)
Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering (69.7%)
A-levels: Maths (A*); Physics (A); ICT (Distinction*)
GCSEs: 11x A*s – Cs
Student Mentor (Sept 2015 – June 2020)
Personal mentor for five students from cohort 2015 of the Mechanical Engineering course.
• Organised bi-weekly group sessions to address the student’s academic needs.
• Held 1-to-1 sessions with each student once a month, to assist with the courses’ topics and provide tutorage.
• Helped students develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter through the use of worked examples.
• Acted as a positive role model for the students.
• Researched various learning materials, software, or equipment to assist with tutoring.
Peer Tutor (Sept 2012 – June 2014)
Worked as a tutor as part of an in-house project set up by the school’s counsellor, which provided tutorage to KS3 and KS4 students.
• One hour per week providing tutorage on Maths and Physics.
• Worked with many different students, created personalised plans for each session.
• Helped students develop their own study methods to improve their own individual revision sessions.
• Addressed students’ academic gaps in preparation for examination periods.
Areas of Expertise
Pure Maths | Mechanics | Statistics
Further Mechanics | Material Science | Electricity | Waves | Thermofluid Dynamics
Perfect! Thank you for your honest feedback. Good luck.
Perfect! Lewis immediately engaged with Oscar. He used a digital whiteboard to explain Maths and Physics concepts. Oscar is no feeling very confident that, with Lewis' help, he can get great grades in his Maths and Physics GCSE's next year.
Oscar has a great base knowledge of maths and physics principles and I can see him progressing quickly over the coming months. We will focus on Energy equations and exam style questions next week.
Confident, intelligent, well-spoken, caring, charismatic, passionate. All these traits make up a good leader and Lewis encompasses all these and more. Before meeting Lewis my son despised maths, wouldn't give it the time of day. Lewis saw the potential in him and started a fire within his soul, he passed all of his exams with flying colours and began planning his future. I would highly recommend Lewis as a tutor!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£160|