My teaching method is based on clear communication with students. It's important to listen to a student's wishes and then discuss together what the best option is for them. For Physics, and especially for Maths it is best to teach through lots of examples while explaining concepts. I know from first-hand experience that truly understanding a concept and having the ability to do very well in exams are not the same things and require different kind of preparations. I would like to help my students exactly with what they need.
I would like my students to send me the topics/questions/problems a day in advance before our lesson. Although I'm not afraid of answering things on spot, I believe it is most beneficial for them if I can properly prepare for our session and plan it accordingly. I also wish to know the exam board they are using at their schools, as different exam boards teach different topics, and in many different ways.
I just finished my BA Physics degree in Oxford with a First Class classification. While being an undergraduate, I held workshops for primary school students in experimental physics to boost their motivation for a scientific path. I helped over 50 A level students with university application, and also gave a few revision classes in A level maths in my previous sixth form. This helped me confirm how every individual works differently, and that there is a way for everyone to learn anything, we just need to find the right method.
2019-20 MSc Physics with Nanophotonics, Imperial College London
2016-19 BA Physics, University of Oxford
- Open Scholarship and School’s Prize for achieving a First Class Degree
- Physics Prize (2019) for the BA project report
- George Series Prize (2019) for creative writing
- Commendation for Laboratory Practical Work (2018)
2014-16 Harrow College, London
- A levels in Maths (A*), Further Maths (A*), Chemistry (A*), AS Biology (A)
- Student Mentor of the Year (2015)
- Bronze (2014) and Silver (2015) certificates in UKMT Senior Maths Challenge
Additionally, I was self-teaching Cambridge Pre-U Physics (Distinction)
- Provided monthly workshops in a team of 4 to classes of 15 students in physics experiments while being an undergraduate
- I gave talks to groups of 40-50 students on exam techniques and university application
- Regularly visited my previous Sixth Form College to provide revision classes in A level maths
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|