I will first get an understanding of the types of learners that I am teaching and thereafer develop a strategy that will align with their interests. Creative strategies will be employed such as videos, songs as well as other fun and exciting activities.
I am a PhD candidate at the Queen's University Belfast. I have been speaking and writing in English my whole life. I am confident that our time together will not be wasted, and that much fruit will be harvested therefrom.
Legal Officer | January 2015 - Present
Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries| 4 St. Lucia Avenue, Kingston 5
• Preparation and review of Cabinet Submissions for Legislation, Board Appointments et al
• Preparation and review of Drafting Instructions for Legislation specifically:
- Special Economic Zones Act
- Protection of New Plant Varieties Bill
- Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection Act and Regulations
- Patent and Designs Bill
- Trade Marks (Amendment) Bill and Rules
- Protection of Geographical Indications (Amendment) Bill and Regulations
- General Partnership Bill
- Limited Partnership Bill
• Preparation of Ministerial Reports, Operational Plans, Legislative Programme etcetera
• Preparation and review of Contracts (with special emphasis on Employment Contracts)
• Preparation and review of Legislation
• Preparation of Legal Opinions
• Preparation of Clause by Clause Analysis of legislation and Ministerial Briefs for Minister
• Preparation and review of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU)
• Attend Meetings namely:
- Legislation Committee of Cabinet for review of Bill before Submission to Cabinet for Bill to be tabled in both Houses of Parliament
- House of Representative and Senate
- Meeting to prepare drafting instructions for Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection Regulations – chaired the meetings in accordance with the Senior Legal Officer’s directives
- Meeting to review drafting instructions for Protection of New Plant Varieties Bill and to prepare drafting instructions for the Regulations – chaired the meetings in accordance with the Senior Legal Officer’s directives
• Attend Mobile Business Clinic
• Assisted planning training of Attorneys-at-law, Accountants and other key stakeholders on the Insolvency Act
• Assisted in the planning of the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce (MIIC) and Organized American States (OAS) on Asset Based Lending.
• Assist in the preparation of Organizational structures for new Authorities
Legal Assistant | June 2012 – December 2014
Child Development Agency| 48 Duke Street, Kingston
• Assisting with the preparation of counsel’s and judge’s bundle for Supreme Court matters
• Assisting Legal Officer in preparing for trials and court proceedings
• Attending court and reporting on the matter
• Drafting and amending Memorandums of Understanding and Contracts
• Drafting legal Undertaking
• Attending Mediations and providing report on same
• Preparing legal responses to complaints and queries as required
• Assisting Legal Officer in and creating training manuals and power point presentations on the relevant legislation: Child Care and Protection Act, Adoption (Children Of) Act, Child Care and Protection (Children’s Home) Regulations, 2007. This included: creating user-friendly manuals and power point presentations as well as making presentations.
• Attended Consultation sessions pertaining to the review and revision of the Adoption (Children Of) Act, the Child Care and Protection Act, and the Children’s Home Regulations in July 23, 24, 26, 2012.
• Performing legal research
• Assisted with the creation of the Policy on Day Trips for Children’s Home
• Filing court documents
• Attending court office to collect court documents
• Liaising with the relevant officers including Psychiatrist and Child Psychologist with a view to preparation for court
Writer | July 2012 - 2013
D’Empiremanagement| 6 Ballaster Avenue, Kingston 10
• Interviewing and writing articles on Jamaican celebrities as required
Orientation Facilitator | August – September 2010 & August- September 2011
University of the West Indies| Mona Campus, Mona
• Giving prospective students a bus tour around the campus, which includes: informing them of the history of the campus as well as the numerous opportunities that may be explored.
• Giving prospective students a tour around the Community Village which comprised various booths depicting the departments, halls of residence, and extra-curricular activities.
• Directing prospective students to various faculties and departments on the campus
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|