My teaching aims to support and inspire children to achieve their potential. I have studied Primary Education and have supported children in a whole-class and one-to-one environment. As an educator I believe I strive for the best children can achieve and can discover their limitations to support them.
I have been working with children since the age of 16 and have enjoyed guiding them through their learning journey. Recently I have taught children in whole-class and one-to-one environments which has allowed me to develop as an educator. My specialisms lie within English and Physical Education, however statutory requirements have enabled me to teach a range of subjects at primary school level including Maths, Science and History.
Passionate, professional and motivated tutor with specialisms in English and Physical Education.
2014-2017 Edge Hill University
BA (Hons) Primary English Education with QTS
2007-2014 St Anselm’s College
A-levels: Sport (Distinction*) English Language (C) Business Studies (C)
GCSEs: 11 B-C including English, Maths and Science
January 2017 - March 2017 Hillside Primary School
Teaching Placement (Year Five)
• Expected very high standards of behaviour
• Promoted high standards of articulacy
• Set regular homework
• Made use of formative and summative assessment by using relevant software (Target Tracker)
• Created effective relationships with colleagues
• Made a positive contribution to the school
• Formed a school football team (Year 5 and 6) to compete against other local schools
March 2016-May 2016 Hillside Primary School
Teaching Placement (Year Two)
• Planned, prepared and delivered ‘outstanding’ lessons
• Demonstrated and allowed pupils to use technology during lessons
• Taught adaptable lessons to challenge or provide support for a range of learners eg. SEN/D
• Began to use self and peer assessment tools for AfL
• Dealt with challenging behaviour efficiently by following the school’s behaviour policy
• Delivered phonics lessons in small groups
• Played an active role in extra curricular activities – after school sports club and football club
November 2014-February 2015 Marshside Primary
Teaching Placement (Year Six)
• Gained valuable experience in teaching upper KS2
• Developed strategies of managing classroom behaviour
• Cooperated well with SEN/D and EAL pupils
• Learnt how to plan and deliver lessons to a ‘good’ standard
• Used a range of formative and summative assessment strategies to support the majority of pupils in making progress
Achievements and Interests
My passion for sport as a whole has played a huge part in my life, particularly in rugby union, which I am a county player for Cheshire, current vice captain of the University team and player at Chester RUFC. Although rugby is my forte, I am also an avid partaker of football and boxing. My role at the University team has helped to develop Rugby Union as a whole at the University. Being part of a team, which has helped create a players code of conduct, constitution and rebrand, has helped improve club image and make the team more appealing to outsiders.
Available on request.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£14||£17||Not available|